Bronica 6x4.5 fiilm backs

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Just a quickie - are the ETRS and ETRSi backs interchangeable. From what I can make out the ETRS just have a single slider for releasing the winding insert rather than 2 on the ETRSi versions, and the Grey darkslide with the interlock that prevents (okay, makes it a conscious decision!) removal of the darkslide while the back is detached. Question is, would the older ETRS backs still work on the ETRSi?

I've got an ETRS and both my backs have twin sliders.

I've got an ETRS and both my backs have twin sliders.

That's interesting to hear Nick... I think there was a tweak in the ETRS model between 1979 and 1982, but the ETRS manual on the very wonderful butkus manuals site clearly shows them with a single slider release. At least your situation proves that the double ones are backwards compatible with the ETRS. Just need to confirm now that the single release ones work forwards to the ETRSi as well.

Last edited:
They should work fine, I have one of each (although my ETRSi back has an ETRS darkslide) and use them both on my ETRS regularly, and they're exactly the same on the bits that count. If you do get one and it doesn't work however, I'll gladly swap you my ETRSi back for the ETRS one.

They should work fine, I have one of each (although my ETRSi back has an ETRS darkslide) and use them both on my ETRS regularly, and they're exactly the same on the bits that count. If you do get one and it doesn't work however, I'll gladly swap you my ETRSi back for the ETRS one.

I'm fairly sure they'll be okay, I haven't anything specific in mind to be honest, but if I know it'll work, then it just helps me widen my options. That being said, if I try it and it doesn't work for any reason, I may just take you up on that offer (y)

Back