Bronica ETRS & flash Questions

Name
DavidS
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully, the right place to ask these questions.

I am on day 2 of owning a Bronica ETRS and have a couple of questions about using flash - I have searched for answers here already but they don't seem quite relevant to my questions and the manual is a bit vague. Thank you for your patience in answering my noobie questions :D

Q1: I have both a Yongnuo YN-560 IV Flash & a Canon Speedlight 199a and a Speedgrip E so it has the flash [hot?] shoe. Will either of these flash units work with my ETRS?

Q2: Do I also need a sync cable connected to the camera as well to trigger the flash?

Any help and guidance appreciated.

The Yongnuo will work, not sure about the Canon. You need either a manual or auto thryistor flash.

The shoe is a hot shoe, so you don’t need a cable.

The Yongnuo will work, not sure about the Canon. You need either a manual or auto thryistor flash.

The shoe is a hot shoe, so you don’t need a cable.
Correct, but assuming that you are going to use the flash off-camera, the easy solution is to fit a radio transmitter to the hotshoe and a matching receiver to the flash.

Thanks, both. The Yongnuo is a manual flash so that box ticked (the Speedlite is for my A1 anyway).

So by just connecting the Yongnuo to the hotshoe, the flash will trigger (I'm only asking for clarification as I don't want to waste film checking it out!)?

I have a pair of Yongnuo wireless transmitter/receiver units for the Yongnuo flash as well so can use those too for off-camera.

Thanks, both. The Yongnuo is a manual flash so that box ticked (the Speedlite is for my A1 anyway).

So by just connecting the Yongnuo to the hotshoe, the flash will trigger (I'm only asking for clarification as I don't want to waste film checking it out!)?

I have a pair of Yongnuo wireless transmitter/receiver units for the Yongnuo flash as well so can use those too for off-camera.
Yes.
And unless my memory is letting me down, you can test it without film in the camera simply by opening the back and looking through the camera when you fire the flash.

Yes.
And unless my memory is letting me down, you can test it without film in the camera simply by opening the back and looking through the camera when you fire the flash.
Right, I did not realise that.

I still need to cock the shutter and release it then? (Total beginner to MF so apologies for stupid questions!)

I'll try that.

It's a very long time since I had one, but from memory yes, just cock the shutter just as you would if you had film fitted.

It's a very long time since I had one, but from memory yes, just cock the shutter just as you would if you had film fitted.
Excellent. Thanks so much for the help.

There’s a multi exposure button you can use to cock the shutter without film (sure that’s what I used to do)

There’s a multi exposure button you can use to cock the shutter without film (sure that’s what I used to do)
Yes, I found that. Going to test it out.

(Kodak knew what they were doing inventing the Box Brownie - take a picture, take a picture ... send camera in for developing. Simple! :D:D:D)

Thanks all.

Back