Bronica ETRS viewfinder

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,
Recently bought a bronica ETRS having owned one a year or so ago. This new one has the ae viewfinder, whereas my old one had the ae ii. Whenever I press the shutter button no metering lights come up, and this only occurs if I press the display button. with my ae ii pressing the shutter always worked so I can’t really tell if my ae I is faulty or this is just a feature of it. Equally because the shutter press doesn’t light it up I can’t tell if setting it to automatic will even communicate with the camera to shoot at that speed etc.
bit unsure of it all really but I hope I’ve explained clear enough. Anything helps!
Andy

Struggling to remember, but I sold them years ago (40ish) and owned an AEII, but IIRC the difference was that the original viewfinder only metered when switched on from the display button, the selling point for the AEII was it worked off the shutter release. Hope this helps?

Amazing, that’s exactly what I was hoping to hear. Does manual and auto mode still work with the AE despite not metering off the shutter?

Back