Bronica S2 series info

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone share any opinions on the Bronica Zenza S2 cameras. I oringinally wanted an SQ of some sort but they are too much for my pocket at the present time.

I like the TLR I've got but I do miss the accuracy of an eye-level view finder at times.

Never mind, I've just found out it's sync speed and it's tooooooooooo slooooooooooooooow for what I want.

They made a few leaf shutter lenses that sync up to 1/500th, but ordinary glass maxed out at 1/125th I think.
I never used flash with mine....:(

From what I've read on american sites the sync speed is 1/30 or 1/40! Will have to kep saving for an SQ I guess.

You're both right, flash sync is 1/40th :(
And I think I'm getting mixed up with my Mamiya which has leaf shutter lenses and flash syncs UP TO 1/500th because.......that's as fast as it goes:LOL:

Not seen that S2a auction but I doubt it went for less than £150 with a standard lens, they still fetch decent money.......for 50 year old working cameras.

:crying:

I'm afraid you're not allowed to do that until you shoot some slide film...:rules:

Srsly, section 5, sub clause 18 clearly states "at least once in a lifetime"

:crying:

I'm afraid you're not allowed to do that until you shoot some slide film...:rules:

Srsly, section 5, sub clause 18 clearly states "at least once in a lifetime"

What's so special about slide film then??? Even if I shot some (yeah, right) doesn't that mean I then have to buy a projector just to look at them? Sounds daft to me!

What's so special about slide film then??? Even if I shot some (yeah, right) doesn't that mean I then have to buy a projector just to look at them? Sounds daft to me!

Nope, just a window and some sun.
Negs are just negs, there's nothing to see, but slide film is beautiful in its own right, better than any crappy scan, is a diamond ring less beautiful on you're finger than projected on the living room wall ?

Nope, just a window and some sun.
Negs are just negs, there's nothing to see, but slide film is beautiful in its own right, better than any crappy scan, is a diamond ring less beautiful on you're finger than projected on the living room wall ?

Hmmmmmm.........

Well I still have a roll of negative stuff to use up...and that's likely to take me a year at least :LOL: so it will be a while before I can try. Any advice as to what sort to get...and where to get it?

Any advice as to what sort to get...and where to get it?

The best place to start has to be with a roll of fuji velvia. Joxby's sooooo right, there is nothing like the look of well shot tranny. They are just magical. (y)

..... and no, you don't even have to know what you're doing to get a well exposed shot. Just bracket heavily to get started.

If it will make you give it a try, just PM me an address and I'll send you a couple of rolls. :D

Hmmmmmm.........

Well I still have a roll of negative stuff to use up...and that's likely to take me a year at least :LOL: so it will be a while before I can try. Any advice as to what sort to get...and where to get it?

Why will it take a year ?
I do know what you mean though, I shot 3 rolls...in a whole week....on holiday aswel, with nothin else to do but get burnt and shoot, moving from digital to film takes some getting used to when normally you fill a 4 gig card on the way to Sainsbury's :LOL: & :shake:
I have a roll of Velvia 100F with you're name on it, pm me or you can get a roll off Fleabay for convenience and stalker safety.....
Mind you, free film is definitely cheaper....:D

Why will it take a year ?
:D

Because I have this daft idea in my head that I can only use it when the conditions are perfect....great light and location...and they just never seem to materialize!! I'm far too lazy to get up early and hope for a decent sunrise; the rain has hardly let up for weeks; and ....and....and.....

I'm good at avoiding things that I know are going to be difficult. ;)

:)

Because I have this daft idea in my head that I can only use it when the conditions are perfect....great light and location...and they just never seem to materialize!! I'm far too lazy to get up early and hope for a decent sunrise; the rain has hardly let up for weeks; and ....and....and.....

I'm good at avoiding things that I know are going to be difficult. ;)

:)

I was hoping you'd say that...:)...its not daft, it's pretty much true, you gots a b/w film head on, shooting b/w is harder than most peeps think.
I think its true for all photography, but b/w takes it to another level of observation and patience.

Back