Bronica SQ lenses

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Me again,

I'm after a reasonably priced 150mm lens for an SQ. Is there that much difference between the F3.5 S and the F4 PS? Is the latter worth the extra money especially given the quality of my photography am I really going to notice the difference?

Cheers,
Kev

Me again,

I'm after a reasonably priced 150mm lens for an SQ. Is there that much difference between the F3.5 S and the F4 PS? Is the latter worth the extra money especially given the quality of my photography am I really going to notice the difference?

Cheers,
Kev
You certainly are. Bronica lens "S" when first came onto the market got a terrible write up. So bad, that they stopped making them and made the "PS" lens. On test, the PS came out better than the heart stopping LEICA lens. I know because I have 3 PS lens. "MMMMMM" :)

Nice one now I can shift the blame for poor shots on my current S lens lineup (y) 150mm F4 PS it is then, happy christmas me.

Might get one of the cheap ones from MXV. Not bothered about the cosmetics providing the glass is good.

You're right not to be too worried about the cosmetics of the lens but you do need to check out a well worn one quite closely as it's not just the glass you're buying but the shutter as well.

The 150 f4 is a belter, as has been said and was my fave bronny lens of them all. :)

It's funny but I've bought a few lenses off ebay over the years but I'm feeling more cautious over buying one of these from the likes of MXV or Ffordes unsighted. Should I have faith in the description and just hit the buy button or should I call them first and ask some questions?

What a noob thing to ask.

I think the later ones had a coating that reduced softness

Back