Bronica telephoto lenses (250mm)

What? I'm talking about using my existing system, not buying into another one.

It's all about using the right/better tool for the job? I mix 35mm with medium format and have a old cheap digital P&S. Anyway my suggestion would be cheaper and you have a back up camera which everyone should have.

It's all about using the right/better tool for the job? I mix 35mm with medium format and have a old cheap digital P&S. Anyway my suggestion would be cheaper and you have a back up camera which everyone should have.

But 35mm shots just aren't as sexy as medium format shots.

But 35mm shots just aren't as sexy as medium format shots.

Well of course medium format has better IQ than 35mm like for like, but does anyone go say bird watching with medium format gear and massive 500mm f8 lens........erm what's the betting someone is going to say "I do"....LOL

erm what's the betting someone is going to say "I do"....LOL
:naughty::naughty:

I do have a history of needing to use totally inappropriate gear for shoots. Sometimes the challenge is just too much to resist and if you have the MF bug then I can really understand wanting to shoot as many genres as possible with it.

Plus if you stack the odds massively against yourself and still manage to succeed, it feels bloomin' good. :D

Birds are too small and move too quickly. Even I'm not that much of a sadist.:whistle:

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

4256502236_f03e2e82ff.jpg

:whistle::whistle:

Perfect timing, apparently we're going to be covered in cloud this weekend, not much hope of testing the lens then. Best I get down the gym then to build some guns big enough to support it all.

Bloody Hell :LOL:

Where did you get that beauty from??

Looking forward to seeing some images from that.

So if your off to the gym does that mean your going to he hand holding the system :eek:?

Hand holding? No, I'm going to the gym because I'm a fat *******.

I bought it from Andrew's Cameras/Teddington Photographic in London (really good service:thumbs). Hopefully I'll get a roll or two through it tomorrow morning even if I have to push the film to keep the speed up (I think I've got my Neopean 400 pushing times sorted now).

I got it for what I think is a very good price. There are two more on eBay for a lot more than what I paid but then they haven't sold so they're probably too steep. You don't see many of them around but hopefully it will hold its value in the event that I need to sell it.

WTF!...Oh wait, it's only 10.5" long and only weighs just over 4 lbs.

To be fair it's not THAT big, some of it is down to my stupid camera phone. It fits nicely in my camera bag.

4266061546_7c85e6f209.jpg

That's an A700 with a 100-300 stuffed down the side of it. I had a go with it at the weekend with a friends plain Beattie screen. Certainly not hand holdable but pretty easy to use. Was getting eye strain after a while though. Just wish I hadn't royally ****ed the film when I was developing it. It was a disaster from the moment I put everything in the changing bag TBH.

Back