Brown Brick Road

andiphoto

Knock-Off Nigel
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi took a few pics when i was out with work.. what do you guys think of this..
C&C welcome.

3309494715_f0a7a18be8.jpg

I like it. Path draws your eye in and there's plenty of interest which is neatly arranged (nothing distracting).(y)

anymore C&C im scared incase this topic reaches the brink of oblivian without getting much Critique..

Last edited:
LOL Sorry, I like the picture. Personally I would have moved slightly right to bring the lighthouse left if that makes sense? But as per usual each to their own, and whatever you do is right in your eyes mate (y)

Looks good to me (y). There are some great vivid colours in there (whoever said; "It's grim oop north :D?) and the dark clouds help the lighthouse to stand out from the background.

Funnily enough, I would have been tempted to try the opposite of what the previous commentator suggested and actually aim the camera more to the left, in order to concentrate on the more colourful and varied scenery there. This would also have the effect of pushing the lighthouse further into the right hand side of the picture, whilst still leaving a recognisable view of the path (I think :thinking:).

Would also be great to get a slightly higher vantage point for the shot, to allow a better view of the green weed and the red house roofs - so, take a step ladder next time (joking :D ).

Cool shot but I think I would have moved in a tiny bit closer to the lighthouse and aimed a little more to the left..

Great shot and would agree with all of the above, did you take a portait view?

Mark

It appears (to my eye at least) that the 'rule of thirds' is missing here. Is a crop possible for better composition?

Horizon almost central - lighthouse central - pathway central - and not much happening on the right hand side of the frame.

Having said all that, most of my shots are probably the same!

Love the reds greens blues and sandy browns though. (y)

im selling this item so im keeping it this size to prevent copyright so no one can stretch it..

i will have a play around... i understand the rule of thirds.... the greeks used it over 2500 years ago

The central composition does not look too bad here. Thirds are usually better but it is not a set in stone rule.

The lead in path is the thing I don't like. It looks like you were walking along it and took a quick snap. A bit more thought with the camera position - maybe to the left so it leads in from the corner of frame or a bit lower viewpoint would have made a more constructed photo of it instead of a good snap.

thanks it was just a on the fly kinda picture... i was just walking toward the lighthouse and took it hand held..

i already said it did...

i was at work walking to the lighthouse (i word with disabled adults and people with learning difficulties.)

and i thought i would take a nice pic as the colours were nice..

Re the portrait view I would be interested if you have one to hand, don't go to any trouble but it would be interesting to see.

Thanks

Mark

I like it. A step to either side may have made a slight improvement but its a really good shot.

Andy

Having just looked at this thread for the first time, I can say that I really like the picture. The square version is most definately the best out of the two.

There's a picture very similar to this on the front cover of Digital SLR photography this month. Is it yours?

Think it must be the latest edition. Maybe out 2moz?. I'm a postman and delivered it to someone today..

Thanks for the alternate view, I do prefer this square view.

It is a very good photograph -well done.

Mark

Back