Brown hare 'eye to eye'

Very well caught :clap: however the fur looks a little yellow to me, was that the natural colour of this one?

Brilliant shot lucky to get a couple of clicks usually their offside as soon as you get anywhere near them

Fab shot

Lovely capture.

Those eyes - it really illustrates the fact that these animals are designed to be aware.

love it

Love this shot .
love these animals ;)

great shot :clap: not being an expert can you tell me if there's a way to get his feet more in focus?

sturisoma said:
great shot :clap: not being an expert can you tell me if there's a way to get his feet more in focus?

Ithe only way i know is to be further back from him and use a smaller aperture

Last edited:
larger aperture? hmm, I imagined it would be smaller - think I will go look up dof again :LOL:

I knew what i meant at the time ,no need for smart arse reply sturisoma, and if you want to know it was the laughing smiley i took offence with.

Last edited:
Very well caught :clap: however the fur looks a little yellow to me, was that the natural colour of this one?

I would agree, there is a yellow tinge to this but no edits allowed so can't post a colour corrected sample shot.

I think this is nearer the mark but I'll remove if you disagree. :)

7858611846_449311e7f1_b.jpg

eeeeeek.jpg

I knew what i meant at the time ,no need for smart arse reply sturisoma, and if you want to know it was the laughing smiley i took offence with.

excuse me???????? I think you took my reply the wrong way - I am the opposite of smart arse :( :(

I said I wasn't an expert and I was SERIOUS about looking up dof again

you may have known but, people can only respond to what you write. If you write the wrong thing you can't expect people to know you actually meant the right thing.

I was literally holding my breath when i took this shot.,a couple of clicks later and he was away .

Cracking point of view Den.

Some of the more upland hares can look very yellowy in certain light, but I think if you just played with white balance a bit, and I mean just a bit like -10, I think it would look better bud.........(y)

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there TBH.
Knowing that Summer is pretty new to photography herself, I'd take that smiley as laughing at herself because she thought she'd totally misunderstood something about DoF - not laughing at you or your post.

It's easy to make a typo and just as easy to jump to the worst interpretation of a post on forums without the benefit of face to face contact, but in this instance I think you got it wrong.

Anyway, let's put this behind us and get back to the picture and the critique . . . I'll leave it up to you Den if you feel that you owe Summer an apology.

Back