Brrrrr.... Frosty

Edit My Images
No

(click image to be taken to the HQ version on my photoblog)

Twice in one week? I must be on a roll. Remind me to get a lottery ticket. Anyway I'm posting this because, like the building reflection I posted earlier in the week, it's a photoblog entry that I'm actually exceedingly happy with but would still welcome feedback on.

I'm posting it as a clickable thumbnail for two reasons:

1) I think the (default) green background on my site helps it to jump off the page a bit more because it's actually a duotone image with a slight blue tint to add to the cooling effect. And...

2) I'm a raving comment monster who thrives on people leaving feedback on my blog.

Thanks
:)

I know black & white does it for a lot of people but I still have to get my head round it.. :ponders:

I would love to see the colour version of this shot. :)

busterboy said:
I know black & white does it for a lot of people but I still have to get my head round it.. :ponders:

snap.... again

It must be our age...

The colour version looked incredibly boring. Promise.

Also you get a lot more leeway with highlight contrast in B&W as colour shots tend to look weird when you start dropping the highlight contrast right down. I needed to reduce it here to stop the frost blowing out while still getting detail in the leaves.

Bachs - thank you for your comment. I might make my first foray into the world of stock photography with this shot. Can people let me know who the big stock photo agencies on the net are?

Like you'd go to Amazon if you wanted a book... Who's the 'Amazon' of stock photography?

I like this one, in fact I much prefer it to the reflections shot you were having orgasms over Jamey. :thumb:

fingerz said:
I'm a raving comment monster

:LOL:

I do like this Jamey, and I agree, I don't think the colour version would do it justice.

Perfect shot for B&W conversion , that was done perfect. This forum could turn in to the B&W vs Colour gang instead of the normal Nikon vs Canon ;)

The blue isn't actually noticable, maybe you could add more?

DJW said:
This forum could turn in to the B&W vs Colour gang instead of the normal Nikon vs Canon ;)

I would really like to enjoy B&W photography but have yet to appreciate it.:(

Sorry gang but I'm center forward for the colour team.. :nunu:

BRING IT ON... :D

^^ I don't even need to look at that to know it'll give me the horn!!!^^^

BCC is my HERO! (probably some perverse thing from reading my dads AP magazines when I was 8!)

It's honestly why I wanted to shoot B&W....now that guys knows how to get true blacks without losing any detail....or is that just the PVC ;)

SammyC said:
The blue isn't actually noticable, maybe you could add more?

I know. I like it that way because it works on a more subconcious level. It makes your brain think it's a normal B&W photo but yet it looks 'colder' than other B&W photos and you can't quite work out why.

Ahhh... Bob the Man... went to a forum hosted by him at the NEC a couple of years back where he did a demo of a photoshoot. Two lights and a couple of gels, that was it. Keep it simple, he said and I agree.

Same here with the PVC stuff though - it's why I became a photographer in the first place - what's the point if you can't take photos of hot, nekkid chicks (apologies to all the Foxy Lay-deees out there who'd rather I didn't call them Chicks...or Foxy - it's the Zap Brannigan school of Suave, you know...).

I have to agree, although I never really expected to be in a position to do such work. It just goes to show what you can achieve when you put your "MIND" to it.
BTW Canon and B & W Rule

Back