Brutalist Architecture

Name
Guy Boden
Edit My Images
Yes
A phrase coined after the time rather than during it, I should imagine ('Brutalist' is such a good word :D).

First 5 photos are of the Barbican Estate, London EC2 and the rest are from a housing estate in Tower Hamlets, London E14 (designed by Erno Goldfinger).

Some IR, some HD, some 'tone mapped' 16mb Tiffs & some 'normal' photos.

First shot is inspired by Hoodi ;)

barb_ir.jpg

barb_hdr2.jpg

barb_mono.jpg

barb2.jpg

barb.jpg

se14.jpg

se14_2.jpg

urban4.jpg

C & C welcome.

Cheers,

Mohain

i very much like the textures that youve pulled out the shots, works well.

#4, #5, #6 are by far the best ones for me, #5 is especially good

Thats a fantastic set Mohain.

#4 and #6 are outstanding in my humble opinion...very inspirational thanks for posting!

John

Very very effective processing there, the first shot looks almost like a Sheeler painting

Really nice set, my favourite has to be the one with the lilac fowers though, the contrast between the 2 works really well.

TFS

A brilliant set. Numbers 2, 4, 5 and 6 stand out for me. Very striking indeed. Number 6 especially.

Superb set of pics. #5 is my favourite, closely followed by #1.

IMHO some of the best shots I have seen posted in a long time. Brilliant!

Didn't twig for a moment that "Hoodi" is me ¬_¬
Flippin fantastic shots - I love mean 60's 70's style concrete wonderland architechture - just done a fairly large series on it based on Cardiff stuff.. All shot on film, though - and I'm less than inspired by the scans I've managed thus far.
My only quam with the shots is that there's some barrel distortion going on - most noticable in 2. Normally wouldn't bother me much, but in architechture shots..
Easily fixed in a number of ways, though - most obvious being photoshop CS2, if you have it.

These are fab :clap: You have managed to make something I wouldn't even look twice at, very appealing and interesting. I particularly like #5 - the starkness of the concrete against the softness of the flowers makes avery good contrast.

Want brutalist? go check out some of mussolini's stuff...

great set of images there Mohain, very nicely done

#1 and #4 for me. Amazing processing on these pics!

Thanks a lot for your very kind comments. I really appreciate them :)

Hoodi, I do have a problem with distortion at the wide end of the lens on my camera and it's not even so takes a lot of fiddling to get it right. I hadn't seen it in no.2 but now you point it out ... (cheers tho :D)

This is probably the most fun I've had shooting and processing a set of pics. I must track down some more architecture of the Brutalist nature ;)

Well it's easier to say the only one I don't care for is no.3....really good stuff!

I like them all, 1, 4 and 6 are my favorites though, love what you've done with the B&W transformation.

Oh bugger!

No pictures to see and when I use the link from the page source get an "account suspended" message.

Please pay your bill so I can see what got everyone so excited ;)

Hoodi, I do have a problem with distortion at the wide end of the lens on my camera and it's not even so takes a lot of fiddling to get it right. I hadn't seen it in no.2 but now you point it out ... (cheers tho :D)

Ah, the old moustache distortion - what a 'mare!

Back