Bryan Peterson Understanding Exposure, I thought it was cheap.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
But someone found it cheaper.:bonk:

Well done:D

Dutch auction comes to mind:)

by the time this thread finishes someone might have found it for £1 so i will wait and see before ordering :LOL:

Meanwhile, you'll be taking crappy shots because you don't know what you're doing. :LOL:

by the time this thread finishes someone might have found it for £1 so i will wait and see before ordering :LOL:

I got mine free for a Christmas present. I think they've run out now though.

Dear all, I have a question. I have considering buying a book about photography for a while now. Up until now I've only owned a copy of "Photography for Beginners" and I now think its time for an upgrade. I considered various options. I've been into WH Smiths, Borders and Waterstones. I've handled the various books they have on offer, but I find that "Understanding Exposure" is the most suitable for my needs. Its the right size and weight and I like the look of the font used on the front cover. I also have a couple of bookmarks that I used to use with my previous book - I took them along to the bookshops with me to try them for size. They fit perfectly. So, I think this really is the book I need.

The one thing that's bugging me, though is that I've read on the web that "Understanding Exposure" may soon be replaced with a newer model - "Understanding Exposure Even Better". I gather that this new version will have even more pages and possibly a hard cover.

So what's the general view? Do I go for this book now at what seems to be an attractive price, or do I wait a couple of months and go for the upgrade, which will no doubt cost about £20. Do you think that the price of this current version may come down even more when the new version hits the shelves?

I'd welcome your views.

Cheers MV

At any price, this is a top book. Well worth the investment.

Well, the principles of photography haven't changed since the first book was written. They have probably updated the technical side of things as digital cameras have improved since the book was first written. However, if you want to learn about the must know basics of photography - aperture, shutter speed and how to understand light - then it'll never go out of date.

*snip*
The one thing that's bugging me, though is that I've read on the web that "Understanding Exposure" may soon be replaced with a newer model - "Understanding Exposure Even Better". I gather that this new version will have even more pages and possibly a hard cover.
*snip*

I'd wait a little while, I've heard that there may be a cash-back offer due out later this month

Ps. I've also heard that the Hard Cover version may be fitted with an anti-dust system

I'd wait a little while, I've heard that there may be a cash-back offer due out later this month

Ps. I've also heard that the Hard Cover version may be fitted with an anti-dust system

The digital version will come on most forms of media card so you just pop it in your camera and view the recommendations on screen before taking the picture :nuts:

The digital version will come on most forms of media card so you just pop it in your camera and view the recommendations on screen before taking the picture :nuts:

It even comes with sample pictures so you don't even need a camera :wacky:

Ooh, a dust cover, perhaps?

Think I'll wait, then. That would be a real bonus.

I know a place where everyone can get it free.

The local Library :LOL:

Back