BSB - Brands GP

Edit My Images
Yes
Given the number of photographers at Brands this weekend, I figure there'll be a few BSB posts appearing soon, so I'll get mine in early!

Rather than fight the crowds on race & quali days I figured that Saturday's practice day at Brands would be somewhat quieter. There were still a fair number of people there, but at least there was less fighting for the better positions. Lovely weather (again... this is getting a little odd, must be due a downpour soon) resulted in my head looking a little like a beetroot by the time I got home.

Slightly unusually, the season opener this year is being run on the full GP circuit, with the Indy being scheduled for the last race of the year. This means both a) a bit of different scenery and b) a heck of a lot more walking than normal!

As far as photos go, it was a mixed bag for me. I made the mistake of not fully charging my batteries the night before, so all 4 of my 1D ones lasted little more than an hour each :bang: . Good job I had the 20D with me as well, otherwise I'd have really been kicking myself!

Anyhow, here's a selection.....

1) Rod Lynn on his STP Racing R1 in the Superstock Cup
20070407-C0CC5043.jpg

2) Chris Martin takes Druids on his Red Viper Honda
20070407-C0CC5147.jpg

3) James Haydon, back on the Virgin Yamaha
20070407-C0CC5247.jpg

4) Exiting Surtees for the run on to the GP circuit
20070407-C0CC5285.jpg

5) 125GP through Clearways
20070407-C0CC5345.jpg

6) Future champion, Jonathan Rea
20070407-IMG_3366.jpg

7) Tommy Hill leads the way out of Stirlings
20070407-IMG_3407.jpg

8) Steve Plater gets BBQ season underway
20070407-IMG_3615.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated!

Paul
:)

Excellent Photos. Which lens were you using to get the close ups?

Like your work especially the last one with the flames. Be great to know what kit you use...Ian

Thanks for the comments.

The close-up stuff was either 300 f/4L on its own, or with a 1.4TC. Some on the 1D, others the 20D... not sure which is which off the top of my head, but the EXIF should tell you if you're curious.

:)

Great action shots there, esp #1, #5 and #6

Great shots, brilliant in fact. However if I am going to be brutally honest I think number 5 is poor (in comparison with the others :) ), rider is away from the camera and it doesn't do anything for the shot.

Loving numbers 2, partly because of the awesome reflection in the helmet. A good bunch all round though. must try to ge to BSB some time.

Loving numbers 2, partly because of the awesome reflection in the helmet. A good bunch all round though. must try to ge to BSB some time.

Thats what I was gonna put. That capture is amazing with the reflection!

i need help i have a panasonic lumix lz2, i use it for taking pictures at motor racing events, i mainly use my sports mode (iso100) but the pictures are a bit blurred with very fast moving objects, its max iso speed is iso400 if i use this will the pictures be better (not as blurred) if so will the picture quality be as good as usual i also have a tripod for stability. thanx:help:

Back