BSB Brands Hatch

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
These were among the first photographs that I took with my camera, a 350D.

Considering that they were all taken with the kit lens that came with the camera, and TBH it`s the first time that I had taken pictures of bike racing I was pretty chuffed!

They were taken at the last round of last years British Superbike championship.

Any pointers will be very much appreciated!

brands1.jpg

brands2.jpg

brands4.jpg

If these are from your first attempt and with the kits lens you have done very well indeed :) you have caught both rider and bike nicely entering the corner and your panning looks good.

I had a quick look at the EXIF and would recommend you open up the aperture a bit more so the images aren't quite so dark, having said that a little levels & sharpening can fix that. I hope you done mind but I tweaked one just a little, it gives it a bit more punch and shows the details you've captured but can't see in your original image.

minky_monkey_bsb_Brands.jpg

More please :)

For a first attempt you've done very well. The only thing I can suggest for these would be waiting until the rider is at the apex so that you have a bit of curb stone at the bottom of the picture which is a bit more interesting than tarmac.

Top effort thought.

Cheers for that!

I`m still picking up loads of stuff regarding setting the camera up. You could really notice the difference re the panning of shot from when I started in the day, to later on!

Also, finding a place at brands where A: there isn`t any fencing obstructing the view and B: you can get near to the track for a nice shot, can be a bit of a pain.

Definitely up for the forthcoming season though!

Cheers for that!

Also, finding a place at brands where A: there isn`t any fencing obstructing the view and B: you can get near to the track for a nice shot, can be a bit of a pain.

I know the feeling most tracks are difficult to photograph at because of fencing and if you do find a good spot you can bet there are at least 100 other 'togs there too :) If you haven't been before you should try Cadwell Park, great little track that you can get very close to at a number of places and it has the mountain too :)

Definitely up for the forthcoming season though!

I'll be at quite a few rounds this year too, can't wait :)

Not at all shoddy, especially considering its your first attempt. (y)

Great shots, esp with kit lens (y)

Great first attempt. Just trying to work out where they were taken from :thinking: Cooper Straight, going in to Surtees perhaps?

Spot on!:clap:

I was struggling a little on focal length, so needed to get close to the track. On the plus side, you can hear them coming down Cooper which makes timing the panning easier.

I`d be up for a motorsport day out!

What lens do you tend to use? I was using the 55-200 that came with my camera.

I use a sigma 50-500mm, saves changing lens all the time, not light tho.

Well done!

Pretty good effort for a first attempt.

Agree about the levels adjustment.

very good!

Back