BSB Friday at Brandshatch *and now saturday*

It was pretty dark most of the day today... (err that's yesterday he says glancing at the clock!)

Nice pics today mate!

they look a bit dark, but other than that i'd say they are some of the best i've seen from you, and thats saying something!

must agree mate alittle dark im sure you could do something in ps but the flemes are great and just need bringing out more ," i:e making the shot lighter"

just imo

md(y)

It was very dark at times yesterday, i took them using the cameras histogram for guidance, (as normal) and only only had to ammend the levels a tad to get complete levels and a tad of sharpening of course. But i dont trust the laptop screen no more tbh, so have the required leads atlast to run on my old monitor so ill get that setup later hopefully, as infact they look to bright on this, but i ignored and trusted the histrograms judgement. There all iin raw so if they dark easy enough to boost the exposure a tad.

Any-way must dash got a race track to get to. Hopefully some sun will appear today rather then the dark misty conditions of yesterday.

Some great shots there, I really love the ones with flames but as others have said they appear a bit dark. I've had a play with my favourite.....

IMG_9376-vi.jpg

Hope you had more luck today - I'm not that far away from the circuit and its not really been much better today...

I've got my monitor calibrated now and these look a bit better actually.

Hacker: now it looks like you have "blown" the flaming Kwaka pic...

Just got home again, and connect my laptop to my proper monitor atlast lol.

I can see what you guys are refering to, they are very reflective to the actual light levels at the time, however tbh if i had veiwed them on this screen id have up'd the exposure a tad. Ill redo them later, Sony VAIO laptops very good HD 1080 screens great for dvd etc no good for photoediting lol

:shrug:
sorry to bore you mate but the last one of the second set works for me ..
imho when you have a bike leaning over like that .sharp. and flames coming out of the exhaust .. you are pretty much there..
just imo

lets be fair look at the reflection of the flames on the big fat back tyre...

hope this help . can not wait to meet up again buddy

md(y)

imo they are all awesome, granted the first are a bit dark but nothing a tiny amount of ps wont sort, can you spec me your kit please.

:shrug:
sorry to bore you mate but the last one of the second set works for me ..
imho when you have a bike leaning over like that .sharp. and flames coming out of the exhaust .. you are pretty much there..
just imo

lets be fair look at the reflection of the flames on the big fat back tyre...

hope this help . can not wait to meet up again buddy

md(y)

I never get bored of the feed back, good or bad, without i cant improve.

imo they are all awesome, granted the first are a bit dark but nothing a tiny amount of ps wont sort, can you spec me your kit please.

Thanks was pretty happy this weekend, dissaponted i had to miss today tho, was planning the full weekend.

As per my sig, lenses where one of three 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f4, 400mm f5.6, all bolted to a Canon 30d

If you click the image you should see the wxif is there to see which lens was used for a particular shot.

All I can say is WOW! :eek: :clap:

A lot of people wouldn't understand how to get anything near that quality but yours has to be up there with some of the best I've seen!

Some top quality stuff (y)

Only bit of critique I'd offer is #7 in the second set is obviously not as sharp as the rest. Call me picky :p

Some fantastic shots and angles in that selection (y) I'm hoping to get to a few more BSB events next year and I can't wait. If I come away with shots approaching that standard I will be very happy :D

Thanks all really mean's alot, makes all the hard work and expense more worth it.

Dod you are right, it is a tad soft ruddy fence and very harsh light, win some loose some.

Hard to think that this time last year i had a Dimage z5, i was going to post a link to some of last years pictures from the final round but the host there on is down at the moment.

but even looking at the early stuff this year theres clear improvement, so it true practice does make almost perfect.

Need to find a sponsor for next year now that can give that golden media ticket, so i can justify that nice MK3 i have my eyes on.

Back