BSB Friday at Brandshatch Edit, now includes Saturday gallery

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back, very early i know, but had had enough when it come to the point i couldnt hold the camera, or stop sneezing poxy cold should have stayed home really. Not happy with the results either but thought i might as post the best ones after all the effort, just resized for the web.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Maybe some more will be salvageable after a nice sleep, and my eyes are not hurting so much.

Gallery from the Saturday
http://public.fotki.com/russdaz/bsb/

Hosted on Fotki

Wow amazing shots. They are all working now. I love the panning. Were th125's out when you were there or not?

Thanks that means alot the way i am feeling at the mo.

Yeah the 125's where out, but i had run out energy by then, just had my limsep so off to bed, hopefully be better for tomorrow.

Really nice photos :)

I'm going to try to make it to Brands tomorrow :)
(If you're there I might try to nab you for a few hints :D)

:clap: Excellent shots m8 worth the suffering. nos 1 & 2 do it for me, composition wise.

Thanks that means alot the way i am feeling at the mo.

Yeah the 125's where out, but i had run out energy by then, just had my limsep so off to bed, hopefully be better for tomorrow.

Oh right fair dooz. Could you have a look out for number 72 if you go again of the weekend, he's my mate.

How can you not be happy with those pictrues, excellent I think, not that I know much :)

Thanks all just got back from a nice session in the steam room at the gym after a nice sleep, i am very happy with the ones posted here, but reviewing the others again i have a mucher higher failure rate then normal. I wont post any more up until after the weekend for fear of to much repeatition.

never dissapointed with your shots.
if i could get the sharpness / DOF/ Motion balance as perfect as that, then i'd be a happy sod!

Thanks but i think bikes are much easier to get the feel off speed, lots happening i really dont know people can make the bikes look froozen, and all the time there moving then DOF isnt normally to much of an issue, but i find ND filters are a must when the suns out. The problem i have is shooting cars, where the subject is that much larger.

Oh right fair dooz. Could you have a look out for number 72 if you go again of the weekend, he's my mate.

Yeah sure do's, the plan was to go tomorrow too, (see how i feel, much happier now) but not race day, (lack of funding) as i applied for my season pass too late, and missed the cut off for the weekend pass.

I love watching the 125's great to see the talent coming though, and often produces the best racing of the weekend.

Got back a while ago, not had time to check everything yet, but i am much happier to today, these 2 are jumping out at me.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

What you lot think?

I am soooo tired now ***, so a bath and bed before looking at the rest.

Stunning photos above !!!

I've just got back myself and will upload some shots later. Get some rest first after a 350mile round trip :/

Wow they are 2 stunning shots!! I reckon they would look fantastic on a poster. You know the posters the teams hand out and sign on pitwalks.

Having been today i tip my hat to you, excellent pictures the colours are amazing, do you have to boost saturation or is it the PP.

excellent set of pictures

Thanks Matt was thinking that myself but then i am slightly bias there.

Thanks PPP, i shoot everything manually, in raw format then convert to j-peg and resize. The PP with these is just what i class as my standard defaults within CS3 which gives a slight boost the clarity (from 0 to 60), and sharpness (set to 50, detail and masking both at 100) these are not croppedwhich helps to maintain the detail. The first ones in each post have a very minor alteration/correction, due to a secret i use to enable me to shoot through the fences.

Damn, was kinda hoping you did lots to make em that good, nice one mate just means i have to get better!

Where do you boost the clarity option in CS3? Do you mean sharpening?

Damn, was kinda hoping you did lots to make em that good, nice one mate just means i have to get better!

Where do you boost the clarity option in CS3? Do you mean sharpening?

The clarity slider is only available (as far as i know) in the camera raw editor, which opens when ever you open a raw file, as you need to convert it from raw to something CS3 can edit.

However you can activate camera raw editor to run when using j-pegs. Asuming you have CS3 follow below.

Open cs3
Click on Edit from the top bar.
Run pointer over Prefences then select file management.
In the new box look under file compatibilty, the tick Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for J-peg files.

By any chance did you get any of me mate?

Hi took me me a while to spot his bike, the only shots i managed to get werent all that tbh, he was always mixed up with traffic. But now i know i'll add him to my list an keep an eye next time, like Nicole who started racing the 125's in BSB the first year i started to follow the sport.

Hosted on Fotki

Was a tad to close to get the full bike here, so tried a portrait view, i quite like it.

Hosted on Fotki

Uploaded a more fuller Saturday gallery here

http://public.fotki.com/russdaz/bsb/

Great shots there. The last portrait shot of Camier is a beauty.

I have a few shots of #72 which I'll post later. I'd agree he was a tough one to spot - tell him to get a bigger, brighter number for next time :)

I have a few shots of #72 which I'll post later. I'd agree he was a tough one to spot - tell him to get a bigger, brighter number for next time :)
I will tell him to put a huge sign on his helmet. This may hinder him though :cautious:

A more striking colour scheme, or even just a different font would help, when on the move the 7 looked very much like 1 from a distance.

Wow, these are great :clap: I have a lot to learn :bang:

Now just need to convience some one to give me a media pass then, or do i really want one and end up having to take the same old shot as the others hunting in there pack.

The reason why he was so hard to spot was becasue that was his practice fairing and the numbers were gaffertaped on!

Now just need to convience some one to give me a media pass

Not being funny or anything, but surely to get a media pass you need to be working for the media...

We all hate the fences to some degree but not all of us work for legit publications.

If only a fraction of "keepers" were used in publications, the number of "media togs" you normally see should generate more motorsport stories in the press than any other type of news - and that's just the domestic motorsport, let alone WSB or MotoGP!

I saw the other day MSV were having a crack down on team togs getting trackside access - mainly because they were trying to sell the services of the circuits' MSV media team (y)

Not being funny or anything, but surely to get a media pass you need to be working for the media...

We all hate the fences to some degree but not all of us work for legit publications.

If only a fraction of "keepers" were used in publications, the number of "media togs" you normally see should generate more motorsport stories in the press than any other type of news - and that's just the domestic motorsport, let alone WSB or MotoGP!

I saw the other day MSV were having a crack down on team togs getting trackside access - mainly because they were trying to sell the services of the circuits' MSV media team (y)

I dont work for no-one, and yes part of me wants the media access most of the BSB press togs are not full time togs and some the stuff is pretty crap, and pretty much the same thing every year, and mainly from just one or two corners. I enjoy the freedom of being a fan of the sport, but just feel aome of the current BSB togs are just not making the most of there access for what ever reason weather it be the people they shoot for or, which is a reason why i am not sure if i'd want to be part of, if i had to lose that freedom. Take alook around the images posted from the media, its generally just Druids or wheelies out of Surtees.

When you shoot for £££ you need to get the action the publication needs, you can't come away with a big pile of dull or experimental stuff because you arse will be toast on monday morning. There are a couple of places at Brands which deliver the action and although us "fan togs" get a little weary of them it makes no odds for the money shots.

I've said to you before when you talked about "going pro", its a dull old game really. Much more fun shooting what you want and getting creations that are yours than that lot...

Back