BSB is back..... test day at Donington

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
First time visit to Donington to watch the BSB test day. Very grey for the earlier session with not many teams out, nice spring sunshine later in the day, but boy was it breezy, struggled to keep the camera still at times. Didn't get to all the places I would have liked but made a change to go somewhere different to Brands Hatch.
787A6111 Taylor Mackenzie Team WD-40 Kawasaki BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr
787A6006 Tommy Bridewell Tyco BMW & Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr
787A5544 James Ellison JG Speedfit Kawasaki BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr
787A5961 Ryuichi Kiyonari Buildbase BMW BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr
787A6007 Josh Brookes Milwaukee Yamaha BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr
787A5592 Robbin Harms MotoDex Performance First BMW BSB Donington by nb100, on Flickr

Nice set Neil, I am going this Saturday..can I ask where abouts you were on the circuit for number 3

Nice set Neil checked these out on Flickr all super sharp love Brookes Mohawk bash hat out of these its got to be 1 for me love the light and comp in this shot

Thanks Gaz, yeah Brookes lid is quite distinctive.

Nice set Neil, I am going this Saturday..can I ask where abouts you were on the circuit for number 3

Thanks John,
#3 was taken at exit to Melbourne hairpin, at point B on map below. The circuit was new to me and was busy at that corner, I should imagine there are a lot more there for a BSB weekend.

View attachment 33036

Not really shot Donington from wrong side of the fence but these are the shots i normally see posted.

Think you need either a 400mm or longer for most other than D which you can get away with a 300mm f4 or f2.8 as its a pan but gives the background of the rest of the track.

B is really busy and its behind the garage and see loads shooting here down into the hairpin.

A is the only one that doesnt require shooting through fences at Redgate so go under the tunnel from the pits and turn left.

Hope this helps and sure a few of the regulars will put me right if i have missed anything ;-)

Back