BSB Showdown - Silverstone through the fence

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,

Another great weekend of BSB and another challenging shoot through the menacing fences of Silverstone.

Ive tried to take on feedback from my last thread so hopefully there are some noticeable improvements this time round.

As always I welcome constructive feedback. All the shots are taken with a 7D and a Sigma 120-300 with either a 1.4x or 2x TC.

There are a few more on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/polarityphotos/

The Protagonists by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne #67 - Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

Alex Lowes #22 - Samsung Honda 2 by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

James Westmoreland #27 - Buildbase BMW by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

James Ellison #77 - Milwaukee Yamaha by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

Ben Wilson fighting to keep his place by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

First one doesn't do much for me but the rest I think are fine. Sharp,well exposed. I'd be pleased with these if they were mine.

I'm not really qualified to offer an opinion as it was only my second time with 2 wheels, but these look good to me #3 and 4 would be my overall picks though. #1 is good, with the contenders in shot...only thing I might offer is some look a little small in frame, the last one for example is a great image but might be better with a tighter crop and less of the day glow marshal - not sure how much room you've got with the 7D but just my 2 cents on a decent set :)

Looking at them full sized on flickr you can get a far better impression than the nasty flickr downsized images you see in the thread - seriously folks, go take a proper look.

These are crisp, colourful and full of power - don't think I could do any better (y)

Very nice indeed, clean and punchy. Do like the last one of Lowes with the clear visor (but agree with Jonathan about the marshall).

First one doesn't do much for me but the rest I think are fine. Sharp,well exposed. I'd be pleased with these if they were mine.

Thanks Gaz thats much appreciated. My feedback last time round was a lack of pack shots, so number 1 is my attempt at improving that.

Looking at it again, I think that perhaps I could have cropped in slightly closer and removed a little more of the grass in the foreground.

I'm not really qualified to offer an opinion as it was only my second time with 2 wheels, but these look good to me #3 and 4 would be my overall picks though. #1 is good, with the contenders in shot...only thing I might offer is some look a little small in frame, the last one for example is a great image but might be better with a tighter crop and less of the day glow marshal - not sure how much room you've got with the 7D but just my 2 cents on a decent set :)
Thanks Graphics all feedback is welcome! I agree with the need to crop in a little bit more and remove the marshal. This one was a tough call because that particular corner as a spectator could easily warrant 800mm on a crop, but I was at 600mm. So I decided not to crop in too agressivley to retain quality.
Great set of images , thanks for sharing (y)
Thanks Nick very kind.
Looking at them full sized on flickr you can get a far better impression than the nasty flickr downsized images you see in the thread - seriously folks, go take a proper look.

These are crisp, colourful and full of power - don't think I could do any better (y)
Thanks for taking the time to look on flickr, good feedback means a lot coming from you so thank you very much. Your critique and tips has helped me improve so a genuine thanks from me.
Very nice indeed, clean and punchy. Do like the last one of Lowes with the clear visor (but agree with Jonathan about the marshall).

Thanks Neil, yeah i agree the marshall is a bit distracting. I didnt want to crop in any more than I had so it was a tough call.

Really like the last low down Lowes shot (y) a good set,and as mentioned look good larger on flickr :)

Clive.

Thanks Gaz thats much appreciated. My feedback last time round was a lack of pack shots, so number 1 is my attempt at improving that.

I just like seeing indivual riders. It's just my personal preference but keep taking what you enjoy looking at. That's the most important. Never saw the ones you posted previously but there is nothing wrong with your technique and I will take a guess and say that most people would be very happy with a set like this.

Enjoy

very nice set (y)

Back