BT Customer Street - Beware

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone looking to get a website developed agree to one from a cold caller? The mind boggles, it really does.

I agreed to it last week - I should know better really - my day job is a car salesman!

But so far - they've done everything they promised they would. It's not about having a website designed - it's a 2 page website based on location specific urls that they buy for you - mine are stuff like www.photographerberkshire.net that are SEO tuned just to try and get you on the first page of a google search for about 8-10 key phrases.

It's then up to you to get those people that hit their site to click on a link back to your own one.

The theory is ok - but in actuallity I think it will end up being a fairly expensive experiment. The link backs they do via their network of directories etc - should give the 2 page site high rankings - but it will all depend on if that translates to views of www.adamreading.com in the long run.

I'll keep you updated - but I did go into with eyes open and I don't feel i was conned like a lot of those complaints say on the BT site above.

Back