BT & their Wifi Discs and the flashing blue light.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
After sorting out some funny stuff on the bill on Saturday I realised that I could have a couple of additional wireless discs for free, and they turned up for free.

I already had one disc, that sits in the garage running the CCTV system, but I needed another as we have so many devices around the house and the room I use for photo editing is also my amateur radio shack so I have a lot going on in that room.

The new disc arrived this morning and I set it up as per the instructions. All I could get was a flashing blue light. I rebooted the discs, the router, started from scratch again, still just a flashing blue light. Searches on the Internet weren't throwing up much help, until I found something on a forum that said "Make sure your BT Home Hub is in Mode 1". Mine was in mode 2... Changed to mode 1 & et voila....

Nowhere in the BT guide tells you this, so if anybody else is having similar issues, hopefully this will help.

I tried the dishes, but the performance and reliability hit on the WiFi was truly shocking, plugged my Smart Hub 1 back in!

Back