BTCC and Support Races at Donington April 2023

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Really nice set, and some excellent panning skills on show here. Are these handheld or using a monopod?

Really nice set, and some excellent panning skills on show here. Are these handheld or using a monopod?

Liking the set especially the reflections in #14 having watched the races on TV and seen how wet it was, I am impressed with your results.
Thanks very much. They were handheld Richard, I still can't get on with monopods o_O

Toby, these are great, absolutely love #14 with the reflection, you can pan at much lower shutter speeds than me, I dream of some of those numbers, fantastic set of photos
Thanks David, much appreciated. I like the reflection photos too, I didn't know which one to put on here tbh but I didn't want to put too many 'samey' pics on.

A cool set, the panning shots are great.

20 is cool too. (y)

lovely. out of interest where were the ones around 6/7 taken? I am guessing inside of mcleans (6) and inside of coppice (7) but keen to know for sure, as I find shooting the same locations/angles at circuits a bit bland these days but the composition and angles here are really good.

lovely. out of interest where were the ones around 6/7 taken? I am guessing inside of mcleans (6) and inside of coppice (7) but keen to know for sure, as I find shooting the same locations/angles at circuits a bit bland these days but the composition and angles here are really good.
Thanks. 6 was opposite the Hollywood stand on the infield, 7 was on the second corner of the Roberts Chicane (national circuit) looking back at the first corner. It's a pain there now as they've put a secondary fence about 8ft away from the catch fencing meaning it's very hard to 'hide' the catch fence in your shots.

I know what you mean about shooting the same spots, I think I've shot from just about every location of the spectator areas at Donington now and struggling for something new, although I saw a new angle from the Craner Curves recently that I'll try one day.

On the flip side, the fact that I'm getting a little bored of shooting the same spots means that I'll watch the racing more now (y)

Ah thanks so I was way off!!!

The first one, 6, makes sense now as you can see the red of the stand.

I don’t think I’ve been to an event on the national circuit since they moved the chicane and that must be a long time ago…!

Ah thanks so I was way off!!!

The first one, 6, makes sense now as you can see the red of the stand.

I don’t think I’ve been to an event on the national circuit since they moved the chicane and that must be a long time ago…!
2010 I believe the change to the Roberts Chicane was.

Back