BTCC at Oulton Park

Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at motorsport photography. Its not easy. I think the first one would have been the best if it was more central. I could crop it but the car would be end to end of the photo.I like the bottom photo but the crowd add too many colours and distract from the car.

George3.jpg

2singleseaters.jpg

Erkut.jpg

SafetyCar.jpg

MattNeil1.jpg

George1.jpg

Good shots :) You could probably get away with doing a fair bit of sharpening in photoshop to make them look even better.

Just had a quick play with the first one:
btccsharpxr3.jpg

I wouldnt crop the first one tbh.

Cant see what settings your usingon this pc, but not all the car is sharp this is either to slow a shutter, or camera shake or to shallow DOF. Tricky conditions this weekend at times, as i know as i was there the hole weekend.

Believe me i am no expert but..

I think the reason they are out of focus is you are running shutter priority at 1/200th at f4.8 or f5 which is not a problem but you have a very wet overcast day and are trying to use iso100, i think had you bumped it to say iso 200 or 400 you would have been alright. That way you could have kepted the shutter speed for the wheel blur but would have captured the car sharply.

Good effort though, it certainly takes a lot of practice, you seem to have the composition pretty good on them, just you were fighting what looks like really crud weather

Conditions where poor but would depend on the lens used (primes), mine coped very well i think, how ever a slower lens would have struggled to focus regardless of settings i think.

Back