BTCC @ Brands, some C&C please.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first go at panning, apart from a practice a few weeks back at lawn mower racing lol

I'm quite please with the results, all things considering.

web1.jpg

web5.jpg

web6.jpg

web11.jpg

web13.jpg

web9.jpg

web7.jpg

web2.jpg

web3.jpg

web4.jpg

ok, i'm gonna give some honest opinion (but its just an opinion :) )
1 would be better without the big empty space in the front
2 good catch
3 prob my fave.. lots of wheel blur on the front wheels. space at the front allowable in this one coz it shows the whole of the brands hatch URL without chopping it off
4 ok
5 like it. a lower angle would have improved it IMHO, but maybe you dont like kneeling on mud :)
6 ok
7 tiny bit blurry, but good shot showing proper clio action (although its rare to see them the right way up :) )
8 i can see what you were trying to do, but not my cup of tea
9 would have prefered something a bit more imaginative
10 i think you should have posted 9 images :)

just my opinion though. there is no right or wrong, other than if you look at them and you like them. if you like them, then they are right.

Thankyou Xynamic, exactly the sort of comments i was after :)

Nice set of pics chris. Especially like the 5th one. From the name I'm guessing you are on the CTR forums?

Yeah, nice,

Though I find the people in the background a little distracting, would be less so if blurred a little more.

No 8 is intersting but would it have been better if the tape was either above the car or below it ?, rather than cutting it in 2 ?, nice idea though.

No 9 seems a little cluttered too much going on around the car though the wide angle suits its shape

think I have to agre no3 is the pick of the bunch, nice and sharp and nice to see a wheel locked 'n' cocked.

Alan

Thankyou Xynamic, exactly the sort of comments i was after :)

glad you took it the right way :)

when i first joined Photography On the Net Forums a guys posted one of this photos and asked for some C+C. I duly obliged. His jpeg quality must have been set to 5 or something as the shots were all blocky. So i said that the jpeg quality was set wrong and he went nuts like i'd said his mum was a hooker or something! Took ages before he calmed down! Some people are bloody loons i tell you :)

ok, i'm gonna give some honest opinion (but its just an opinion :) )
1 would be better without the big empty space in the front
2 good catch
3 prob my fave.. lots of wheel blur on the front wheels. space at the front allowable in this one coz it shows the whole of the brands hatch URL without chopping it off
4 ok
5 like it. a lower angle would have improved it IMHO, but maybe you dont like kneeling on mud :)
6 ok
7 tiny bit blurry, but good shot showing proper clio action (although its rare to see them the right way up :) )
8 i can see what you were trying to do, but not my cup of tea
9 would have prefered something a bit more imaginative
10 i think you should have posted 9 images :)

just my opinion though. there is no right or wrong, other than if you look at them and you like them. if you like them, then they are right.

fair comments there. but i must say i think number 8 works really well. make you wanna see more of the car in the background. love it.

Nice set of pics chris. Especially like the 5th one. From the name I'm guessing you are on the CTR forums?

Yes but spend more time on here now, im 'Black R' on the other forum

number 8 is growing on me.. i cant quite put my finger on what i dont like about it, though.. it might be the greyness, but not a lot you can do about that on a wet august day :)

I think Alan had a good point, I should of put the tape under the car, or even over it, so more of the car was in view

A good series. Some great shots here. I went also, I will be posting some images soon. Can I ask you a question? Were you a VIP or have track access? I ask because some of your images are low down without fencing between you and the cars. I had to take all my pictures from the Paddock Hill Grandstand, quite frustrating!
Anyway, I disagree with one of the comments about the space on the right in image 1. I feel it gives the cars somewhere to go.
Number 3 is my favourite image of the series though, great sense of movement and the car is pin sharp.

A good series. Some great shots here. I went also, I will be posting some images soon. Can I ask you a question? Were you a VIP or have track access? I ask because some of your images are low down without fencing between you and the cars. I had to take all my pictures from the Paddock Hill Grandstand, quite frustrating!
Anyway, I disagree with one of the comments about the space on the right in image 1. I feel it gives the cars somewhere to go.
Number 3 is my favourite image of the series though, great sense of movement and the car is pin sharp.

No not V.I.P I was just stood in the middle of Druids. Some good spots on the entrance to Druids, thats if you can muscle all the other togs out the way.....quite amusing watching several people all panning in syncro :LOL:

Before I went I read a great guide on how to shoot at brands, was on this forum, but cant remember who it was by. Sorry

No not V.I.P I was just stood in the middle of Druids. Some good spots on the entrance to Druids, thats if you can muscle all the other togs out the way.....quite amusing watching several people all panning in syncro :LOL:

Before I went I read a great guide on how to shoot at brands, was on this forum, but cant remember who it was by. Sorry

:D shall have to try standing there if I make the WTCC event in September. Cheers for the info.

Id agree the cropp on the first is too close to the back imo, the second is great, the Clios are slightly blurr's out of focus there i think,

The Porkie isnt my thing.

Have you dont a levels check, on my pc the black point would appear slightly out on all of them?

Back