BTCC Croft - Opinions please

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Here is my little batch from this weekends events at Croft.

For some reason my website isn't playing ball and the quality has been stripped but you'll get the idea.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

IMG_8793.JPG

IMG_8859.JPG

IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_9074.JPG

IMG_9782.JPG

IMG_9830.JPG

The people shots work well, but a lot of the car shots seem a bit dark/under saturated

Light was a bit of a pain at times with so many white cars about eh?

Your track shots have the potential of being so much better than what they are!

I don't understand why the people shots are at that angle either?

welcome to the forum, steven (at least i think its the first time i've seen your work here)

2) looks to be out of focus?
4) love it! but there looks to be something covering the rear wheel? finger print on lens?
9) my favourite of the lot

glad to see i'm not the only person with one leg shorter than the other :)

Thank you for your comments, I will reply to a couple but please don't think I am being negative. I see all comments as a chance to improve!

I don't understand why the people shots are at that angle either?

Please explain how they could be better. Do you think they could be improved with less quirky angle?

welcome to the forum, steven (at least i think its the first time i've seen your work here)

2) looks to be out of focus?
4) love it! but there looks to be something covering the rear wheel? finger print on lens?
9) my favourite of the lot

glad to see i'm not the only person with one leg shorter than the other :)

Hi Gary,

2.) Is in focus. I have been talking to Nick on here about the problems I have been editing my work. Since talking to him I have got my hands on a new copy of photoshop so I may re-edit and re-submit and hope this shows the images in a better light.

4.) No idea. I took many images in this location and during this practice session and this is the only one with this mystery mark. And the only one that came out properly at 1/40th! :bang:

I have tried to work out what it is, the lens is ALWAYS clean and no one was in front of me so maybe something being tossed around in the wind and drizzle that we had?

9.) Thanks :) I always like to try and break away from the 'norm'!! Who says you have to be in front of the podium? :)

Please explain how they could be better. Do you think they could be improved with less quirky angle?

A mixtue of things really. Some could be cropped better because of the backgrounds. A couple are out of focus. The colours could be brighter, as it was a glorious day at Croft.

And yes, the people images could be a little straighter.

That's just my opinion.

Brilliant!!! How diplomatic is that?

Steven potentionally the first shot is the best. It just needs to be a bit brighter.

The others are okay, but nothing really special.

#9 could be better, just a shame Matt Neal has 4 hands..

The same SJK who is taking AMD Golf Photos..

http://www.amdmilltekracing.com/gallery.cfm

Nice golf photos..lucky you getting trackside with shaun..:)

Yep the very same.

Thank you all for your comments guys, what I am going to do is host the elsewhere which hopefully will show that they are better than how they appear.

As for the wonky angles, I'll be sure to avoid it at Snetterton in a few weeks time. Be ready to criticise then ;)

Do you find being inside the track as you are with a team better for photographing?
Just wondered as I was at Silverstone Moto GP friday and it was a pain shooting over the fence...

Pete

Look at the AMD link..not one out of focus..

Did you expect there to be ??

Strange sort of comment, "Look at that professional photographers website, he has managed to use a camera correctly !!! "

To the OP, as already been covered a lot of these look OOF or soft and colours are quite flat tbh. Perhaps that may be the hosting that hasn't helped, as to the composition of each shot I would have liked to see something that wasn't smack in the middle of the frame.

Last edited:
Did you expect there to be ??

Strange sort of comment, "Look at that professional photographers website, he has managed to use a camera correctly !!! "

To the OP, as already been covered a lot of these look OOF or soft and colours are quite flat tbh. Perhaps that may be the hosting that hasn't helped, as to the composition of each shot I would have liked to see something that wasn't smack in the middle of the frame.

Acredited photographer who has attended college..nearly a pro(y)

Ok, thank you all for your comments. I have recently managed to get Photoshop and have used that to edit my pictures in. I have re-submitted the whole gallery and hope you agree that there is an improvement (quality wise).

Please keep your comments and suggestions coming...

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9904.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Back