BTCC @ Donington - A difficult weekend.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So as you all know it was BTCC at Donington park last weekend. I've now shot Donington three times and i have decided it is officially my least favourite circuit on the calendar (pending taking a look at croft). The place is so big that you cant really explore too many corners on the circuit if you want to get back to the podium afterwards. Perhaps another day to explore would of helped.

Anyway enough excuses, here are some i do like.

As always please do comment, positive or negative.

1. Traditional Jordan leaving the garage picture.

1256897734_qF9zqbc-L-1.jpg

2. The Lesser spotted Audi, actually had a great weekend with Rob chucking it around just having fun.

1256891972_96GGjNC-L-1.jpg

3. Mr Jackson had a pretty decent weekend, here you can see where the crowd has been relocated to.

1256895064_jdkkVwT-L-1.jpg

4. Another take on that shot.

1256895103_st4kCpK-L-1.jpg

5. Plato's car lies ruined as his partner in crime has a fairly decent race 2.

1256893992_JZbG3xd-L-1.jpg

6. MacDowall is one of the few to hop the kerbs infront of the new spectator position.

1256898828_WHgmmqC-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
7. Excuse the post, i cant be bothered to clone it out.

1256890254_J4k2Rqg-L-1.jpg

8. Bit of Marmite. One of my weird back of the grandstand photos. Bit dark this one.

1256890220_Mbz29RB-L-1.jpg

9. This doesn't really work imho, garage is too dark. But it does tell a story.

1256899180_ZFnBQSR-L-1.jpg

Hi Nick,

They have appeared now, must have been my end,

great set #6 for me

cheers paul

Last edited:
Superb as allways and would not of even noticed the post if you had not pointed it out :D

Hey up Nick. Usual good stuff, but as you admit not you're best. It's "only a pan" but I like #3, good use of crowd.

Nout wrong with 7;) As you say 9 tells a story. Other while technically good I find backgrounds/composition a little distracting.

How is access at Donny? Are you able to get around to McLeans I think (right hander after craners and old hairpin I think) and the next right hander after that?

I quite liked Donny myself, the Craners are awesome, can do so many different shots in the one area. Just as you say being so big it's hard to get back to the pits/paddock for grid/people/podium stuff on the Sunday.

Great set, as for #7, what post?

Not been to Donnington post revamp, but it's more interesting that Silverstone.

Great set! #'s 1, 2, 3, 6 and 8 are my favs. Your wide pans work really well. I take it you had a pit pass to get shots 1 and 2? I got into the paddocks but would like pit access next time.

Great set, as for #7, what post?

:woot:

I like your thinking (y)

Well Nick, I see what you mean when you said earlier this week that you'd struggled - although to be fair its probably more of an indicator of the awesomeness of the stuff you normally turn in.

In reverse order:

#9 I shoot a lot of this sort of thing and that one IMHO doesn't really work, even though I understand the story.

#8 Like it, like it!

#7 You definitely caught her better side there

#6 pick of the bunch for me, thats your normal standard of damned cool shot!

#5 Yup, that definitely tells the story, I like those sort of shots

#4 Rear three quarter.... hmmm no

#3 Thats better, like that!

#2 Just for the spot it deserves to be there - wasnt it him that caused Plato's crash?

#1 Hmmmm so-so I think.

Hi Nick,
Not being a track guy,and to be truthful am no great fan of circuit racing,I realise how hard it must be to come back with great stuff the more you go.
After a while at a track you must have covered most of the shots,so it's not my bag.

Personally,am not a fan of angled stuff ,the odd one maybe,but generally my neck just aches looking.
Of these I like 6,conventional yes,but really well taken and great to see a background nicely diffused.
7,works a treat because of the vibrancy of colours,and very nice shapes positioned nicely in the frame.
The rest do tell a story ,which I like ,but wouldn't be wall hangers ,but nice to ,look at shots imho.

Back