BTCC & Support - Brands Hatch March 31st 07..

Edit My Images
No
Good moaning

Preparation for yesterday's (Sat 31st) outing was driving back from South Wales after photographing a Track Day (that's another story, I'd like to add) and celebrating the fact by possibly over indulging at the Red Lion afterwards.

After about 5 hours sleep we made it to Brands Hatch in time for breakfast without a hitch which is frankly something of a miracle these days...the Numpty Avoidance Radar had two targets programmed both of which were successfully evaded - don't you just hate it when a random says you'll help them with their efforts when all you want to do is do your own thing? Anyway, it never happened so let's break dance.

The day started off cold and dull but brightened up after lunch giving us some nice light to play with. The usual suspects were conspicuous by their absence but I'm sure there will be a glut of BTCC threads from Saturday.

As usual kit is everything in my signature. PP Limited to VelviaVision™ and some level adjustments and possibly some sharpening (although not on all). Enjoy...

What better way to start a thread with a 1/125s pan of Reigning Champion Matt Neal in the new (and frankly horrible looking) Honda Civic.
IMG_5268-vi.jpg

New Clios about to crash at Druids
IMG_6835-vi.jpg

Henry Surtees (the name may ring a bell) in his Formula BMW
IMG_5399-vi.jpg

Team RAC WSR BMWs
IMG_6253-vi.jpg

The new SEAT Leons looked good and were quick
IMG_5725-vi.jpg

Clio going for it using the kerbs at Clearways
IMG_6170-vi.jpg

Clio going for it again. this time at Druids
IMG_5615-vi.jpg

No thread is complete without at least one pic of a Porsche 911. Tim Harvey opens his 2007 account with a win in the Porsche GB Supercup
IMG_6619-vi.jpg

Hope you like them, I need some sleep. A man cannot exist alone on beer and burgers, but I'll have a f***ing good go at it.

Gallery will be up sometime in October I expect...

Very nice photos, esp 7 (nice action and panning) and 8 (cos its a Porsche :) )

Haha I think the drivers sit really low in the Clios so it gives the impression that they can't see. Look at the No. 9 Clio and you can see what I mean - the driver was about 6ft 5!

All the Clios and front wheel drive BTCC were popping an inside rear wheel up around Druids, most stopped rotating fairly soon after they left the ground.

Nice selection there, was another great days racing again.

Think alot of people left after the second race today.

Excellent photos. Did you get any shots of Clio #22? It is Red with white detailing.

Excellent Dave thanks. I'll have to show him those later on.

really nice set, as always. Favourite would be the first clio shot

I especially like #1! (Civic)
(but I can't help thinking how much it looks like one of the older peugeots or renaults from that angle is it just me?)

Great shots Dave as always, i really like the look of the RAC BMW's...God knows why but i do.

Back