BTCC @ Thruxton

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So i was off to Thruxton this weekend with the BTCC. Thruxton is an odd circuit (i swear i say that lots), its only got a handful of photo opportunities even to the media, however with arguably the largest curbs of any circuit the shots you do have are pretty cool.

So here goes, perhaps some more standard shots than i would of liked, but hey ho.

As ever C+C appreciated!

1. Into the complex.

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-2108-L.jpg

2. Getting ready for race 2 (perhaps background too cluttered)

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-2389-L.jpg

3. Heading out to the grid

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-2418-L.jpg

4. Plato making it look easy in race 3

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-3047-L.jpg

5. Plato's decal applicator clearly has a sense of humour

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-2577-L.jpg

6. Another Chevrolet shot (your marmite for this thread)

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-3197-L.jpg

7. Jordan around turn 1.

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-3241-L.jpg

8. Does it look any better in the dark?

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-2856-L.jpg

9. Mr Griffin through Club

btcc%20thruxton%20qualifying-1528-L.jpg

10. The two NGTC spec cars were getting some huge airtime over the curbs.

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-0998-L.jpg

11. TOC had a pretty decent run, although a cracked manifold saw him out in race 2.

btcc%20thruxton%20qualifying-1341-L.jpg

12. One of the highlights of the weekend was the contant efforts of the drivers to soak Alan Hyde at the podium presentations as it was his birthday. On the race 3 podium presentation Alan Gow and another official cable tied him to the podium, giving him the advice 'dont struggle'

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-3418-L.jpg

excellent work (as always) and the angles you chose hid the nasty piles of mud in the background that ruin the so many shots taken at the chicane

Kelv

Nice set mate. Must have bumped in to you in between ever race this weekend.

The shot of Al is cracking. Nice of Dan to keep him there for as long as possible :)

Some of the best shots I have seen from Thruxton. Love #1, #7 and #12 in particular. I like 6 but I think it would have worked slightly better without the pit stand in front of the car, still a cracking shot though!

excellent work (as always) and the angles you chose hid the nasty piles of mud in the background that ruin the so many shots taken at the chicane

Kelv

Cheers, i tried to hide some of the clutter, but its unavoidable and certainly features in some of the shots on the site.

3, 4 & 9 are great.

Thanks, those are probably my favourite 3 as well.

excellent set :)

Cheers

Great set Nick. Love 1 & 7

Thanks mate, 7 would of been great with a better crowd.

Nice set mate. Must have bumped in to you in between ever race this weekend.

The shot of Al is cracking. Nice of Dan to keep him there for as long as possible :)

haha, yeah we did seem to cross paths more than average. Always good to see Alan getting a soaking.

Simply and amazing series of photos, very well captured with some cool angles making these much more interesting than the norm!

Cheers, thats pretty much what i set out to do.

Great set, particularly like #4, #6 and #10. Nice to see some shots of the human side of motorsport. :)

Thanks, if you like seeing the human side of motorsport, Check out the Blzeebub.com boys website, Andy particularly takes great people shots.

Some of the best shots I have seen from Thruxton. Love #1, #7 and #12 in particular. I like 6 but I think it would have worked slightly better without the pit stand in front of the car, still a cracking shot though!

I agree, i had the same feedback from some other people on that shot. This shot is a bit closer to the mark looking at it again.

btcc%20thruxton%20saturday-3217-L.jpg

Your photo's are always so sharp and stunning. Any of our Golf Nick?

Cheers, There are a good few shots here:

http://sportstock.photoshelter.com/...SORT=RANK&I_DSC_AND=t&V_ID=&G_ID=&_ACT=search

Last edited:
Excellent set from you again, love the different vantage points you got, very creative.

good stuff. plenty of creative ideas there, having said that i think #1 is my favourite.

Mega, mega set bud! Always admire your work, seem to get amazing shots no matter what. Was fantastic at the end with Alan :LOL:

4 has to be my favourite, love the use of the kerbs :)

No 13 shows just how much fun they have off track,

Excellent set from you again, love the different vantage points you got, very creative.

Thanks Paul, thats what i was aiming for!

good stuff. plenty of creative ideas there, having said that i think #1 is my favourite.

Cheers, The light was excellent for race 1 at that position.

Mega, mega set bud! Always admire your work, seem to get amazing shots no matter what. Was fantastic at the end with Alan :LOL:

4 has to be my favourite, love the use of the kerbs :)

Cheers dude, good to see you.

truly stunning set. your best ever i think (y)

Cheers! Hopefully better still to come!

No 13 shows just how much fun they have off track,

I presume you mean 12? They certainly do have fun on the BTCC. Lots of mucking about and some of the pit crews/grid girls are real characters.

Cracking set really really good. No 4 must be favoutite great viewpoint

Cheers, Thats one of the perks of being able to move around without having your spot stolen!

Congratulations for a stunning set! Diversified, really sharp and colourful (y)

My favs are #1 but mostly #4 and #5 because you can really see how hard these guys push!

I think #13 works better than #6. If only the pitwall wasn't there...

If I may, concerning #2, perhaps I would have focused on the helmet leaving the pilot and the rest of the crowd out of focus :thinking:

(y)

Amazing set :love: Love the colours in the background of 1 and the capture of the angle of the orange Avensus (yes I've forgotten what number is was) serious air!!

Well done.

Not fond of 6 or 8 - but that leaves 10 I am fond of! #3 for me.

Neil

Great set, can't pick a favourite as they are all 1st class.Looks like the weather was more photographer friendly on Sunday, was there Saturday afternoon but the sun was a real pain causing plenty of hazy shots.

Awesome set Nick, Nice work!
hard to pick a personal fav but its between 4 & 6 for me

1, 5, 9 and 10 are great captures but the staid guy smiling is the star of the show!

Amazing set, very well captured love no 3

Thanks very much, i am certainly surprised at the number of people that like #3

Congratulations for a stunning set! Diversified, really sharp and colourful (y)

My favs are #1 but mostly #4 and #5 because you can really see how hard these guys push!

I think #13 works better than #6. If only the pitwall wasn't there...

If I may, concerning #2, perhaps I would have focused on the helmet leaving the pilot and the rest of the crowd out of focus :thinking:

(y)

Thanks for the critique, i agree 13 is better than 6, although for me the pitwall gives much needed structure and colour to the shot.

Regarding #2 thats something i considered doing when taking the shot, although as its shot for media it cant be too 'different' otherwise they wont run it. But i agree that it might of worked well, particularly with this driver having his name/number on the back of his helmet.

Cheers!

Fantastic Nick, yours are the only track threads I ever click on and they never disappoint.

Cheers,

Rhod

Cheers Rhod thats very kind,

Its certainly worth checking out some of the other guys threads as well, there are plenty of talented togs around.

Good stuff man. Any pannage with crowd blurrage works well for me. Nice catch of Wrathall over the Club Chicane kerbs (y)

Cheers dude, Yup, i love that shot at Thruxton, i wish you could get down that low to the crowd more often.

Amazing set :love: Love the colours in the background of 1 and the capture of the angle of the orange Avensus (yes I've forgotten what number is was) serious air!!

Well done.

Thanks, yeah Wrathall was really hitting the kerbs, the two NGTC cars didnt seem too concerned about punctures at all!

Not fond of 6 or 8 - but that leaves 10 I am fond of! #3 for me.

Neil

Thanks, what arn't you donf of in 6 and 8 out of interest?

Great set, can't pick a favourite as they are all 1st class.Looks like the weather was more photographer friendly on Sunday, was there Saturday afternoon but the sun was a real pain causing plenty of hazy shots.

It was a bit clearer, although i think 2 of these are shot on Saturday. The wind on Sunday certainly helped clear the air!

Awesome set Nick, Nice work!
hard to pick a personal fav but its between 4 & 6 for me

Thanks Tom, I can see why you would like 4, its quite similar to your style.
See you at Oulton?

1, 5, 9 and 10 are great captures but the staid guy smiling is the star of the show!

Haha, yeah its not the best photo, but was a funny moment.

Fantastic set - hard to find fault in any of them!

Thanks very much John, very kind.

Super Set....big thumbs up from me... 4# and 6# are great

Cheers, glad you like them.

Thanks for the critique, i agree 13 is better than 6, although for me the pitwall gives much needed structure and colour to the shot.

The only reason why I don't agree completely it's because the pitwall is hiding part of the car.

Regarding #2 thats something i considered doing when taking the shot, although as its shot for media it cant be too 'different' otherwise they wont run it. But i agree that it might of worked well, particularly with this driver having his name/number on the back of his helmet.

Cheers!

My thought exactly;).

Cheers (y).

Hard to pic one picture out from such a stunning set but thik that 4# with the incredible low angle and curbs is out of this world.

The only reason why I don't agree completely it's because the pitwall is hiding part of the car.

My thought exactly;).

Cheers (y).

Thanks for your input - always appreciated!

Hard to pic one picture out from such a stunning set but thik that 4# with the incredible low angle and curbs is out of this world.

Thanks very much!

Brillaint all of them! love your work.

Thankyou

Spot on set once again :clap: shot 1 for me (y)
Clive.

Cheers

Great work as always Nick! :)

Thanks mate, will you be at BTCC @ Oulton?

Back