Buachaille Etive Mor

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Here's one I took earlier in the year of the Buachaille. I kept going back to it but couldn't make my mind up whether or not it worked. I finally decided to convert it to mono and I'm quite pleased with it now. I converted it entirely with Photoshop CC (quite surprised how much I could pull out of what looked to be a bland sky) then just sharpened, WDYT?

Bauchelle-Etive_zpse02e5d7a.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

www.carldayphotography.co.uk

An effective composition well-integrated with the vertical format. The areas of water interleaving the foreground rocks 'lighten' the texture there and help to 'float' the mountain. Foreground, mountain and sky each have their own texture and so remain distinctive but complementary.

There's a very odd thing happening near the top of the 'Buachaille' where all the detail has vanished!

Like the lead in through the rocks but as mentioned - something odd about the summit.

Sorry for the late reply, it's a wisp of cloud wrapped around the top, I did think of getting rid but decided to leave it as it was, may get rid now, looks better when it's in colour before the conversion.

Back