Bubbles (Texture?)

Edit My Images
Yes
If you're a judge on OCUK, please do not comment on this ;)

Here's an idea I'm playing around with...I think I'm quite a way from the final shot I want, but thought I would post here for some feedback..(it's quite possible that it's just a bad idea to start with!)

bubbles_s.jpg

Larger version HERE

EXIF info -

Camera: Nikon D70
Lens: Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR Lens with Canon 500D Close-up attachment.
Shutter: 5s
Aperture: F22
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 125mm

Converted from NEF to jpeg, applied curves, converted to B&W and applied film grain effect.

All comments/thoughts/critiques welcomed :)

Thanks
Chez

I don't think it's a bad idea Chez, in fact Bubblewrap isn't a bad idea at all, but it's not working for me at the moment and it isn't really saying 'texture'. I'd be inclined to exploit the transparent nature of the stuff by experimenting more with the light coming from different directions for interesting results. If you're shooting with a small aperture and long exposure you might as well go for 100 ISO for best results.

That same transparency might also help if you shoot the Bubblewrap at a more oblique angle with other textures/ patterns underneath? I think I'd be inclined to get in a little closer too. Worth persevering with. :thumb:

^^ what he said

get under it with some coloured lighting of some sort.

nice idea!

I agree with what's been said.
It's not a bad idea, but at the moment, it just doesnt say anything at all to me, let alone scream 'TEXTURE!!!!', which is what you want.

You want a picture that will instantly make me think of how the acutal object feels...just by looking at a picture of it.

If I showed you a picture of a mouse, you don't imagine your hand over it...you look at it and think about how the light bounces off it, and how it looks.
But if I was to post a shot of a sheet of sandpaper, done right, it will instantly make you recollect what sandpaper feels like. Now *that* is a shot that can be called "texture".

Back