Non UK Budapest on Monday - Anyone been ?

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Flying to Budapest on Monday for a four night break with my wife.

Hoping for some good photo opportunities but not wanting it to take over our time together so looking for half a dozen or so must see locations.

Looking forward to giving my new iPhone 7 Plus a good runout as well as my Canon

Any thoughts ??

Many thanks

Tony

I've not been (would love to!) my friend went though and took some great photos in City Park. There is plenty of architecture there plus a lake. Also recommended was a cruise on the Danube, again lots of architecture to see along the way and also the famous shoes at the side of the Danube too. It's quite a touching memorial site and should be on the list for sure. Have a great time!

Amazing place but gonna be really cold! Anywhere round the river is very photogenic (Danube). Parliament building one side and palace the other, loads of bridges and great elevated views. Old style tall buildings and the square (cant remember the name with statues/monuments. Incredibly cheap food and beer. Yellow tram by the river experiences also :)
Budapest by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Budapest by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Many thanks

Really looking forward to it and preparing for the cold weather as best we can

Might just keep it simple and take the Canon with my 17-55 lens.

Great place to visit, we went at this time 2 years ago.. Cold and very quiet, so great photo opportunities, particularly on a night.

The memorial sites as mentioned at side of the river and also the relatively new jewish holocaust memorial are worth seeing.

Have fun and get to the top of that hill and the citadel.. Great views, we never made it there on a night, but photos I've seen from up there are impressive.

Link below is to my album, nowt spectacular in there but gives you an idea.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/ossett-town-afc/vm1948

Many thanks.

Had a very nice first evening. Hotel location is superb. Just behind St Stephens Basilica with great views over the river just a few minutes further on.

Took a few on my iPhone but taking the canon tomorrow when we go out night and day as there is plenty to see.

Forecast good for tomorrow and even a little snow on Wednesday which could be good.

Very cold but all the places seem very well geared up for it with great heating and lighting etc

Go to the indoor market and try the goulash in the restaurant upstairs, cheap as and delicious!

Having a lovely time. Had to take a day away from taking the Canon yesterday to please my wife but back on it today. River cruise next. Very impressed with the place.

Back a few days now and can certainly recommend it.

Didn't go too mad with the camera as I need to keep things smooth with my wife as she gets a bit annoyed at times but made it out early one morning and took shots wherever we went.

Nice blend between old and contemporary, lots of nice food places and the trip down the Danube was excellent value for money and a lovely way to travel.

Only disappointment was Margaret Island. Pretty much desolate. Suspect it's better in spring/summer but such a waste in winter as it's potentially brilliant and there was plenty people walking round just nothing open until we got right to the far end.

Back