Buds of ...erm green stuff

If you keep coming up with stuff like this to put most of us to shame we might have to take that MOJO away again. :p:p

Excellent shot and sorry I haven't got a clue either.

It's amazing what can be found when you leave the corner of your room and venture out into the unknown. Its a nice shot of whatever it is. Nice bit of bokeh too.
:D:p(y)

It looks like some kind of Euphorbia if I`m correct,......Nicely taken.

Euphorbia is a genus of flowering plants belonging to the familyEuphorbiaceae. Consisting of 2008 species,[1]Euphorbia is the fourth largest genus of flowering plants; it also has one of the largest ranges of chromosome counts, along with Rumex and Senecio.[2] Members of the family and genus are commonly referred to as spurges. Euphorbia antiquorum is the type species for the genus Euphorbia;[3] it was described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753 in Species Plantarum. The family is primarily found in the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa and the Americas, but also in temperate zones worldwide. Succulent species originate mostly from Africa, the Americas and Madagascar. There exists a wide range of insular species: on the Hawaiian Islands, where spurges are collectively known as "akoko",[4] and on the Canary Islands as "tabaibas".[5][6]

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=E...5.2615j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

processing is spot on :)
looks really nice - havent a clue what it is mind!

Thank you very much:)

If you keep coming up with stuff like this to put most of us to shame we might have to take that MOJO away again. :p:p

Excellent shot and sorry I haven't got a clue either.

Haha chance would be a fine thing, you guys put awesomesauce stuff up:D..... please leave my delicate MOJO where it is:p:p

It's amazing what can be found when you leave the corner of your room and venture out into the unknown. Its a nice shot of whatever it is. Nice bit of bokeh too.
:D:p(y)

Hahaha yeah my garden is the dark overgrown unknown at the moment:D thank you Mr G

It looks like some kind of Euphorbia if I`m correct,......Nicely taken.

Euphorbia is a genus of flowering plants belonging to the familyEuphorbiaceae. Consisting of 2008 species,[1]Euphorbia is the fourth largest genus of flowering plants; it also has one of the largest ranges of chromosome counts, along with Rumex and Senecio.[2] Members of the family and genus are commonly referred to as spurges. Euphorbia antiquorum is the type species for the genus Euphorbia;[3] it was described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753 in Species Plantarum. The family is primarily found in the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa and the Americas, but also in temperate zones worldwide. Succulent species originate mostly from Africa, the Americas and Madagascar. There exists a wide range of insular species: on the Hawaiian Islands, where spurges are collectively known as "akoko",[4] and on the Canary Islands as "tabaibas".[5][6]

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=E...5.2615j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Ooh maybe!! thank you muchly:D

Very nice, got the shade of green spot on and good background too

very nice shot T- a Tad soft though, It seems your Mojo has returned at last :banana:

Les ;)

very nice shot T- a Tad soft though, It seems your Mojo has returned at last :banana:

Les ;)

Thanks M it's coming back slowly...:D you're right it is a bit soft and i've had that problem with a few i took:mad:

Thanks M it's coming back slowly...:D you're right it is a bit soft and i've had that problem with a few i took:mad:

Selective sharpen on the Green stuff and a slight crop to place in the 3rd + black frame

Les ;)

well...............................................................YES of course it does :p

Sorry Les but I thought PP was supposed to make it look better :p:p:p:p:p ;) :banana:- I'm (selectively only) back :D

Haha.. thanks John:D and selectively welcome back grandad

Well thank you & I'm pleased to tell you that you're on my very 'selective' list of posts I'll take a peep at & of course Les to help you make a 'man' of him :banana:

'Grandad' Mmmmm my wife calls me 'Grumpy Grampy' :)

Thought the green stuff looked familiar - got it in my front garden but never quite know if it's a weed or not as it is very invasive :thinking:

Last edited:
I think this is Euphorbia oblongata (Egg Leaf Spurge) The large 'leaves' under the flower are actually bracts and are not part of the flower. Just be careful with the sap, it can irritate the skin, as can all Euphorbia. Nice piccy by the way, nicely done.

Well thank you & I'm pleased to tell you that you're on my very 'selective' list of posts I'll take a peep at & of course Les to help you make a 'man' of him :banana:

'Grandad' Mmmmm my wife calls me 'Grumpy Grampy' :)

Thought the green stuff looked familiar - got it in my front garden but never quite know if it's a weed or not as it is very invasive :thinking:

Yay i am truly Honoured thank you.. and of course back up with pesky Les is much needed, he's been such a pain in the ..... since you been gone lol:D

The green stuff.. it's sure is weird and growing by the minute, I'm useless with garden and not long moved in so i haven't a clue what most things are that seem to make an appearance, if it looks pretty i'll keep it:D

I think this is Euphorbia oblongata (Egg Leaf Spurge) The large 'leaves' under the flower are actually bracts and are not part of the flower. Just be careful with the sap, it can irritate the skin, as can all Euphorbia. Nice piccy by the way, nicely done.

yay finally someone knowledgable:banana: many thanks Paul

Back