Review Buff

Name
Lord Lucan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi This is just a quick review of an item called a Buff, they are a tube which is usually worn on the head or around the neck.

However, if you get one of the various camo designs out there and there are quite a few ranging from normal woodland camo brown / black / green to snow camo which is a mixture of white and greys.

They are really handy for putting over your lenses to aid in sheilding the white on some of the L lenses, I use both normal Buffs and Polar Buffs, the normal is just a thin tube made of synthetic material whereas the Polar has a fleece neck which is quite handy, as it keeps your hand warm. I use mine in conjuntion with an E1 hand strap and use a safety pin to attach the buff to the strap and then cover the lens with it, I know you can buy expensive camo covers for lenses, but this is a cheaper and IMHO a more efficeint way of disguising your lens.

Expect to pay about a tenner for the standard versions and £18 ish for the polar one, the latter also helps keep your hand warm in the cold and possibly has some benefit in keeping the batteries warm which could help in cold weather.

You can buy Buffs on line or from most outdoor retailers, they come in a wide range of designs and it may take a while to find a camo one as those of us in the know snap them up (sic) :LOL:

Just got myself a Canon 500mm f4 and the polar buff fits perfectly, OK it does'nt give the same protection (which is questionable) as the lens coat alternatives, but it looks much better IMHO, with lens coats you still see the white of the lenses, with a buff whether polar or otherwise you see none of the lens, with mine I mounted it under the foot of the lens so it covers the camera as well, I know from experience it will help keep my hand warm in the cold weather;)

Just an update(y)

Buff's are great!

You're not Agger from the flexi forums are you?

c'mon guys, this is a photo forum
how about a piccie???:shrug:

Here you are..

daisy_dukes_butt.jpg

ohh you said buFF

:nuts:
:exit:

Reality is much more mundane, its one of these

thyphoon_buff.jpg

hmm
choose one to keep you warm on a winter's evening :nuts:

Sounds a good idea. Can we have a pic of one on the lens please! (y)

They can be used for other things :eek:

I use one of these to keep my bonce warm and toasty when i'm out on my mtb.

Back