Bugger, infrared transmitter not working with studio light...

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
... well, it works with one of the lights, but not the other. Its been fine since I bought it about a month ago, but tonight its packed in.

The transmitter will only work with one of my two lights, so its the light thats at fault, not the transmitter. Do you think the sensor on the light has had it? Or is there a much more simple explaination?

Thanks all :)

Does the light fire as a slave off the working one or not? What lights are they, do they have a slave cell as well as an IR cell?

What lights are you using and if switchable have you accidently turned off the slave cell ?

Here it is...

flash1.jpg

Its just the bog standard Interfit EX150 studio kit. The Ready light comes on and stays green, and it works when I press the test button, but doing the same on the transmitter does nothing.

If you have this one set to slave and press the test button on the other head does this one go off?

if you set off a flashgun pointing at the back does it fire ?

If you have this one set to slave and press the test button on the other head does this one go off?

The slave cell is active on these all the time, even if you have a PC sync lead plugged into them, Its bloody annoying and i keep meaning to take my set apart and solder a switch onto the cell.

Ive tried moving the transmitter all around the flash, it doesnt trigger it. I can have both lights on at the same time, one will work, the other wont.

Gah!

Faulty sensors are well known with this brand. Just send it back for replacement.

Its well over a year old now Garry, will they take it back?

Its well over a year old now Garry, will they take it back?
Ahh... I assumed that you'd bought it new when you said you've had it a month..

I think it's a case of try it and see, my belief is that there is in fact no fixed period of suppliers responsibility for faulty goods and that liability cannot be limited by warranty terms - and anyway, these sensors are a known fault so my guess is that they'll repair or replace it free.

And if not, you can always get a plug in one.

Back