Bugger :(

Name
B
Edit My Images
Yes
Got the old developing kit out tonight to push a couple of 120 rolls through Delta 400 and HP5 - Both came out totally over exposed :(

Now the question is: My fault developing?

or

My fault for leaving them for too long? (on my shelf in two living rooms covering 5/6 years?)

Also the chemicals used (all Jessops own, econotol 2, econostop 2 and econofix 2) are about the same age? :)

I did the Delta for 6 mins and the HP5 for 7 as per info, 30 second stop and 120 second fix with a 15 min wash?

5/6 years ago I did successfully develope a couple of films but digital happened between then and now :)

Bugger - I'm off to make an omlette to calm me down!!!

Over exposed...???

I can't imagine the developer was still chipper for the job after 5/6 years.
I would have thought if anything the results would look under exposed, but I dunno, maybe they were over exposed at the time they were shot....:cool:

I'd agree with John, if the dev was 5 years old, unless it was still factory sealed I'd expect it to be pretty much stuffed - so - if the shots came out totally overexposed, they must have been positively NUKED in the camera :LOL:

If the negs are black, the developer worked the fixer fixed and the shots were nuked in camera.
If the negs are clear, the developer didn't develop, it left nothing for the fixer to fix so it all wash away darn't plug oil wit baby....:(

Probably best off chucking the lot and starting again to be honest.

Yes you are being a tight fisted cheapskate. Go out and spend loads of money on brand new chemicals and help to keep the industry ticking over.:naughty:

But seriously, the stop bath is basically just a weak acetic acid and will go on working until neutralised by the carry over of the alkaloid developer. Fix will also go on working until it just wont dissolve any more unused silver (Nitrate?)from the film into solution. The old test was clip the unused end of the film off and put it in the fix. Time until totally clear base and then double it.

Is there absolutely nothing on the negs? It's suprising what a scanner will work with sometimes, albeit with compressed tonality.

Back