Bugs in Camera

Name
Jackie Townsend ne Veitch
Edit My Images
Yes
Grrr! I've just had to pay out £90 to have a Bug in my camera removed & cleaned:runaway:, I'll be more carful in the changing of my lenses frome now on :cautious:
Pic of Bug Poo Grrr!Bug Poo.jpg
I ment the lens cleaned.....Not the Bug :LOL:

Last edited:
Looks like the usual dust on the sensor..............are you saying you could see an actual insect crawling around inside the camera.

Dust on a lens is easily gotten rid of, dust inside a lens is something to be unconcerned about as it should not affect image quality.

What exactly did you pay to get cleaned ~ the sensor, the lens, both of them......? But whichever, at £90 does sound like a lot of money for a max(?) 10 minute job :(

If the shop told you that was "bug poo" I'd be suspicious.

As Box Brownie has stated it looks like normal dust.

If you take a photo at a small l f stop the spots will appear worse.

Cleaning the outside of a lens should be free in my opinion.

Think you have been fed a poo story ,personally I would read up on sensor cleaning and invest in the gear to do it yourself half what you payed will get you about 10 or more cleans ,and I think box brownies time is over the top a full wet sensor clean should only take between 3 to 5 minutes .which means whoever cleaned your bug poo is on around £2000 a hour

Sorry to say but the saw you coming and had you.
It's just dust, most of it could have been removed with a rocket blower, at worst a wet clean which would take 10 minutes.
£90 is just downright disgusting and I'd be naming and shaming the company that charged that.

As above, it's sensor dust and not a bug! Name the shop so we can avoid it!

Do you deal with a local camera shop,been with mine for a lot of years so i guess its a customer service thing but last time i ask it was £25

I had a tiny spider in my 1D Mk4 - you get a better class of bug in a 1 series, it's the extra legs.

Fortunately he/she was quite shy and never appeared in my images - just provided endless entertainment when I was bored waiting for subjects to turn up!

I have always just used an artic butterfly brush, which always worked for me .Maybe one or two dust spots remained but it worked very well.

:jawdrop:
I reckon they charged you about three times the going rate (but I ain't familiar with the cost of a sensor clean). Please learn to do it yourself - there are plenty of videos online. Just make sure you know how to lock the mirror up for your particular camera. I have successfully removed muck from the sensor giving similar spots as in your photo with a 'Speckgrabber' (I got mine free with a magazine) - no wet cleaning or swabbing.

Back