Builder recommendations? South London area.

Edit My Images
No
Having just read the Trader Website thread it made me think about some building work we are planning. I am definitely not going to use a 'trust a trader' type site now!

So, any personal recommendations for builders who work in the South London area? West Norwood specifically.

The work involves taking down a couple of walls, inserting RSJs (structural engineer already working on these calculations) and fitting/plumbing a new kitchen.

Thanks

Cyp

Have a look on your local council website and see if they do a trusted trader section.

Ask neighbours rather than the council. I've seen just how many corners the tradesmen (if they can be called that...) cut on council jobs (sometimes due to the cost cutting the council demand.)

Ask neighbours rather than the council. I've seen just how many corners the tradesmen (if they can be called that...) cut on council jobs (sometimes due to the cost cutting the council demand.)

The traders on the Trusted Traders scheme are not employed by the council

They are traders who register and are then verified/checked by local council/trading standards.

Each job they get they hand out a form to the client who fills in in detailing the job, cost and how satisfied they were etc., this is then sent directly back to the council, by the client, who will input the data (& original form) - All of this information and ratings are then visible on the data base of trusted traders

Having just read the Trader Website thread it made me think about some building work we are planning. I am definitely not going to use a 'trust a trader' type site now!

So, any personal recommendations for builders who work in the South London area? West Norwood specifically.

The work involves taking down a couple of walls, inserting RSJs (structural engineer already working on these calculations) and fitting/plumbing a new kitchen.

Thanks

Cyp

I'm in SE23, we are having a builder whose work we have seen do a loft conversion for us but......we've booked him for September (his earliest availability) and it will take him 3 months so do, so he is now effectively booked up until 2016.....if that's not too long I'll PM you his details but I expect it might be.

Thanks for the ideas and recommendations but need someone who is free in the next few months. I guess if your booked till 2016 it's a sign of being good at your work!

Back