Building a photography website with client login

Name
Emily
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there
Am hoping to get a photography business up and running this year so just investigating all the bits and pieces I want. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for creation of a website that allows me to have my own portfolio on there plus a client login area where people can view images I have taken on their shoot. If there is an option for purchases even better, but as a starting point it may be easier just to have people able to view. Hit me with your ideas...

Hi Emily,
Im looking for exactly the same thing. Zenfolio keep you the option of having client login and also the option for purchases through a 3rd party company. I trialled Zenfolio the other day and just not 100% about some of its features,little things like it doesnt seem to let you change the font on your main title on your site. Ive looked at Weebly and clikpic so far aswell but im really not sure where to go from here and what to choose. Id be interested in how you get on.Im currently showcasing all my work on Facebook but a website would look so much more professional
Thanks
Magern

Photocart was always a good option, although it has now been superceded by a superior offering.

It's a one off cost with no commission or fees (excluding your payment portal such as paypal). It's certainly paid for itself over the years, the new package looks great too and something I'll probably move to.

Smugmug is where I host my website. It's easy enough to set up the basics

You can have albums set to private and set a password to view the albums for your needs.

Photoshelter was built primarily to do this.

Not the cheapest option, but does it quite well. Portfolio, client proofing / selecting of images, private galleries with individual permissions for different people if you like (view only, low res download, high res download, expiry dates, limited users, etc.) Then you can have a searchable library of images to sell like stock if you like.

Back