Building block, Essex. Feedback please.

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Hi This my first ever thread on here and I know my photos are far from professional but only been taking photos for a few weeks after a very kind uncle gave me a dmc-L1.

This is South Ockendon in Essex at about 17:30. I was trying to get the trail effect on the car lights which I was happy with. But not so happy with other parts. Either way it was the best of the bunch I took.

Any feedback good or bad would be great.

trafficockendon.jpg
[/URL]

I didn't play with the photo after it was taken, Although I did crop it a little.

The ambient light is nice as most people would just go for darkness. The light trails don't really show as the composition doesn't really highlight them. Try to compose it to get the trails as the focal point and to try to get rid of things like lamposts and telegraph poles. Personally, i'd find a nicer location.

Many thanks for taking the time to give me a bit of input and all taken on board. I work on cruise ships world wide but on a 2 month break so trying to get as much practice in with my new toy as possible before finding more interesting places.

Back