Bulk image resizer that doesnt reduce quality?

Name
Well Dawn of course!
Edit My Images
Yes
Any ideas? I seem to have a lot of pin sharp photos but resizing them reduces the quality a LOT, anyone know of a bulk resizer that retains all the quality?

I use Visualizer Photo Resize. v.6.1 it does the job well, and is quick too

Darren

Cheers both, Ill go look at them just now. :)

I use Irfanview. I've never tried bulk resizing, but I usually get pretty good results resizing pics individually.

Thanks for this, I've been struggling to get the 'actions' in PS to do the job efficiently!

Irfanview is simplicity itself to use, totally free, lots of customisable options. Highly recommended.

Dawn - you should have DPP with your Canon. You can do a bulk resize there and keep the resolution. If you are working with JPG though you are going to loose a bit everytime you save the file

What program are you using? Also what files are going in? RAW/jpeg/TIFF? What are you exporting to? Jpeg? Quality level? Size? Are you sharpening after the resize?

Thanks folks. I shoot RAW then do a conversion to JPEG for posting one the net etc.. I do use the Canon software for this. The ones I put on my site or others I generally resize to about 700x500 or thereabouts. I use the VSO image resizer for it, you can do as many as you like in one go and its very easy. I just think that they look softer after resizing and no, I dont sharpen after resizing, should I? Please excuse my ignorance here, ANY type of editing loses me, a crop and writing your signature is about my limits!!

Ill go have a look at DPP now too, and thanks for all the other suggestions I will be looking into all of them.

Sharpening should be carried out as the very last stage in your work flow, ie after you have resized the images. As one of the factors determining how much sharpening to apply is the output size of the image.

Sharpening should be carried out as the very last stage in your work flow, ie after you have resized the images. As one of the factors determining how much sharpening to apply is the output size of the image.

Thank you, thats very helpful to know. :)

I would suggest if you shoot RAW that you need to sharpen the image a little before you start to process and then again after you have done all you need to.

Thanks Andy. :)

I have had a look at DPP and have found the bits I need too, thank you for all your help, its appreciated.

Back