Bulk inks for my aged Epson 1290s A3 printer

Name
henry
Edit My Images
Yes
Wonder if any one can recommend a reasonably priced source of non-pigment inks for my old but very good Epson 1290s printer.

I've only ever printed small amounts and so only used Epson original inks so the printer's in first class condition.

I now want to print a lot more pictures and now that I'm retired can't afford to use genuine Epson cartridges. I've got some refillable cartridges and would welcome your advice as to what bulk inks give a reasonable match and lightfastness when compared to Epson's originals.

Not sure if I regard Marruts ink as reasonably priced, hoping there's something cheaper that will do the job.

Wow... A 1290 which still works!

I have had a couple of them.

Steve.
Yes, still does with no blockages, I'm very pleased with it.

I think I've printed less than 250 pictures with it, including 20 or so LCC competition winners!

Now that I'm retired I've got time to print a few good pics again.

I would recommend you use Jettec Ink. I believe it is originally OCP ink from Germany.

A quick Google and I found this source for your printer (1290s)

Link: http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/ink-cartridges/Epson/Stylus-Photo-1290.html

I've used OCP pigment ink for a while now and can highly recommend it.

I even used OCP dye ink it in my old 1290s with great results.
Thanks for the pointer, I'll Google it.

Not sure about pigment as it doesn't have the intensity of dye, unless you know better??

Sorry Henry, I did not recommend you use pigment ink in your printer. That could lead to problems.

I use pigment ink in my printers now but used dye ink when I had a 1290s.

I have been using this company for at least ten years https://www.prink.co.uk/epson-stylus-photo-1290-ink-cartridges.php
Never had a problem with clogging or fading, their inks in my old Epson saw my daughter through uni and literally reams of printing.

Still use their cartridges in my Canon IP7250, just as reliable as ever, postage is free and fast too

Back