Beginner Bulk Watermarking

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks.

I'm a Rookie when it comes to editing photos that entails anything more than hitting "Rotate" or "Crop" and having spent ages last week adding a text box one by one to a bundle of photos I took at Motorcycle Live, I figured it was time to learn how to do some basic / intermediate photo editing. Particularly as I'm hoping to be out there taking a lot more photos having just invested in a new RX100 II in place of my dust-gathering D60.

I'm going to give Gimp a try or maybe a trial version of Lightroom until I have a play about a bit and find out what I want to do. First question though - is there a way to add a watermark to a bundle of photos in Gimp (or even the MS Windows 8 packages)? I want to go through all my pictures and file them properly as at the moment they're all over the place and part of that would be to weed out ones that should just be deleted and add watermarks to the ones I want to use.

Any tips on this?

Cheers.

Andy

Sorry guys, I forgot to come back to this thread! I'm still sort of finding my way around on here and haven't been online at all over the weekend.

Thanks for these tips. I downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom and think I'll be buying it once the trial runs out as it seems very good! I really need to get time to use it and try some of the tutorial videos so I'll be sure to try that link above too. Really appreciate the pointers. :)

Andy

LR is what I would use for batch WM stamping. I created a PS brush for my WM too, really handy.

Back