Bulldog Rally 2011

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I am going to the rally at Welshpool for the first time this weekend. Can anybody who has been before give some advice to help make the most of my day? Some good vantage points? Ideal parking spots? Best times to go? etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

Have you been on the Bulldog Rally website? The event is quite spread out and complex to follow if you're planning on trying to see all fields a couple of times - I would suggest (if you've not been in to the forests before) picking a stage, parking at the speccy car park and walking in to find good vantage points.

Big Ray is a great stage with plenty of open corners, views and action. If you head in to the speccy car park by Aberangell when you park up and get to the stage turn left and walk for about a mile and a half.

Enjoy the day, great historic entry, some rapid youngsters in the Challenge and International plus the National entry isn't looking too shabby.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Cheers, I have looked at the Bulldog website and also tried to take in as much information as possible from the photos some of the regulars here took last year but as you say it seems spread out.

Id like to get as much variety in as possible and im happy to trek as necessary, i'd hate to waste a day missing the action because im in the wrong place so thanks for the info.

Would Big Ray be the best stage? Might it be too busy? I've seen a few pics from Dyfnant and the backdrop looks great there, is this worth a look? I'd enjoy a little exploring out in the forest even though i've not been before.

Anything anyone else can suggest would be great too.

Wear/take a hi-vis jacket, when walking up the stage its easier for the marshals to spot you and get you to move if necessary.

Im missing this year due to other commitments but was really good last year, hope the weather is good for you.

Not to be confused with the "Bull Dog Bash", which is an Angel's do at Long Marston. :eek:

Hi Dave,

Cheers, I have looked at the Bulldog website and also tried to take in as much information as possible from the photos some of the regulars here took last year but as you say it seems spread out.

Id like to get as much variety in as possible and im happy to trek as necessary, i'd hate to waste a day missing the action because im in the wrong place so thanks for the info.

Would Big Ray be the best stage? Might it be too busy? I've seen a few pics from Dyfnant and the backdrop looks great there, is this worth a look? I'd enjoy a little exploring out in the forest even though i've not been before.

Anything anyone else can suggest would be great too.

Hello.

I will be going to the Bulldog Rally this weekend. It will be the first time I've attended this event (only time I've been able to get time off)

I've bought myself a new camera and Im raring to go. (Nikon D3000 - 18-55mm lens) I know its fairly standard, hence the reason Im replying to this quote.

I live locally to this event and know a person who is able to get hold of copies of pace notes and actual stage maps. He has given me directions to what he thinks would be a great spot to spectate where there would be few people and almost guaranteed to see some accidents.

Im going to see him later today to get the paperwork. I will post later if anyone is interested.

Hello.

I will be going to the Bulldog Rally this weekend. It will be the first time I've attended this event (only time I've been able to get time off)

I've bought myself a new camera and Im raring to go. (Nikon D3000 - 18-55mm lens) I know its fairly standard, hence the reason Im replying to this quote.

I live locally to this event and know a person who is able to get hold of copies of pace notes and actual stage maps. He has given me directions to what he thinks would be a great spot to spectate where there would be few people and almost guaranteed to see some accidents.

Im going to see him later today to get the paperwork. I will post later if anyone is interested.

This would be absolutely fantastic mate, post it up when you can, cheers.

I am defo going, I only live around corner.........dont exactly know where to go but will be heading to speccy car park by Aberangel & take it from there.............lol

Right, I've got some info on Dyfnant stage and Dyfi Main

Been told that the Woodyard stage is good to view but unfortunately is only 0.8miles long and takes place straight after Dyfnant :(

Just gonna have closer look at the maps to decide where its best to go.

Keep you posted

Been told that the Woodyard stage is good to view but unfortunately is only 0.8miles long and takes place straight after Dyfnant :(

Keep you posted

(y)(y)

DanTan said:

Keep you posted

Great cheers

Adam

Keep you posted

Sounds intresting, i got the map for last years Cambrian rally last year and it was really helpful :)

This is this weekend?:eek: Nooo! I'm working! :crying:

Aother year missed. I was living in Lake Vyrnwy and passed **** single car heading the opposite direction as I was on my way to work in Oswestry. I still haven't seen it! :thumbsdown:

Here we go:

Dyfnant SS 3

First Car through this stage, times for each category

0751 (Historics) , 0956 (International)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61204098@N02/5574386195/in/photostream/

Turn off A458 at Foel and head up towards the forestry, access should be fine choice of 3. May need to ask Farmer to use their tracks (so I've been told)

Stage starts at top right goes down to split junction and heads north and back around to flat out straight with bends to split junction again then to finish.

Dyfi Main SS 6 + 9

First Car through this stage - Only know International Sorry

Check link for further detail (pages 18-21 of guide)
http://www.bulldog-rally.co.uk/uploads/Downloads/Rally%20Guide%201%20v1.pdf

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61204098@N02/5574389087/

Turn off A487 down to Corris or Ceinws (if possible) parck where you can and walk up into stage.

Sorry no info on the best places to take photos from, maybe others can help with the aid of the stage maps to help them.

Hope this helps everyone!!

Last edited:
Oh well not able to post the pictures of the stage maps :( - maybe Im doing something wrong?

Back