NSFW Bullfight, Las Ventas in Madrid

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
A heads up to everyone who wishes to post in this thread, please post, your thoughts from a photographic point of view only, this is not the place to post your thoughts on the morality of bull fighting. If you do wish to post regarding that, please use the Hot Topics section although I'd say that this particular topics been done to death.

Thank you and carry on.

A heads up to everyone who wishes to post in this thread, please post, your thoughts from a photographic point of view only, this is not the place to post your thoughts on the morality of bull fighting. If you do wish to post regarding that, please use the Hot Topics section although I'd say that this particular topics been done to death.

Thank you and carry on.
I did wonder if I should have simply said "these photos make me sad". Oh, and the matador in the 5th photo looks like Borat...

Last edited:
Loving the images. Great timing in those captures. Especially like the last two.

I prefer the first set personally, got a bit more emotion in then.

Photographically, what a superb record of an event. You've done a really good job of work here, well done. :jaffa:

As to any other comment on this subject.........:jaffano:

Would you partake in one? I'd love to say I would but don't think I've got the courage
Having spent a lot of time watching those beasts over the years I wouldn't dare. They are very impressive. Pure muscle and very aggressive. When they come out of the corral they are looking to kill!

Having spent a lot of time watching those beasts over the years I wouldn't dare. They are very impressive. Pure muscle and very aggressive. When they come out of the corral they are looking to kill!

http://dailym.ai/2tIdk3y

Have you ever seen a matador get maimed by the bull. Came across this and thought of your images.

Nope, and I really don't want to!

You see, to me that is the beauty of the Bull fight, the Matador doesn't have it all his own way. It's a spectacle and a show. It's why I don't agree with the comments that the photo's should just have bull or Matador in focus but rather have focus thorough the frame including the on lookers.

Missed the first shot on my original look here, what a fantastic building the arena is! I bet there would be some great shots when the arena is empty.

It was easy to miss because it's a resurrected thread from last year!

Back