Buntings

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
:D
Found a nice little nature rich area a stones throw from our house. Lot's of Reed Buntings, some Corn Buntings, Stonechats, Wagtails, Skylarks and more (got to see the birds behind the calls to ID those :LOL:)

Right, I tried at the weekend for shots of some of the above mentioned, but came away with nothing but a pile of brown stuff. My excuse was that I had literally only had my new 40D in hand for a few hours :LOL: This lunch time the hubby came home and said "Want me to make some sandwiches quickly and then we can go and sit at 'that place'?" ....

Here's the results:
100% crop of Male Reed Bunting
2309426935_89c59b945d_o.jpg

50% crop of what I thought was a Female Reed Bunting, but I'm not so sure. :shrug:
2309426839_33eecaa70f_o.jpg

And this one is my fav :D Another Male Reed Bunting, and it was only a few feet from me. (click the pic for a bigger view)

All shots are hand held in excitement. Once I have calmed down a bit I may try for some with my tripod in place and a little patients. However I am reluctant as this would mean getting out of the car in this place, and ... well not only are there all these beauties to see, there is also a Rat city there too :eek:

Thanks for looking!

Jo
xxxx

Well you can tell Im new to this birding malarky Jo ... Id have just thought they were Sparrows!!!! :eek:

Yes, I know ... tis true ... I have so much to learn! :confused:

Congrats on the new camera, and the new play area, sounds like we'll be in for some treats over the coming months. :)

very nice jo,the third picture is my favourite its nice :)

Thanks Nightwing, I did another search after posting this and found that it was indeed a female of the species :LOL:

Glo ~ It won't take you that long I promise :) thanks and I hope so!

Oh, and as a note, the second one is selectively coloured because there are loads of bright red piping parts scattered around, and they were seriously distracting :LOL:

Went back again this evening :D

One more of a male:

2309994583_46de539d1a_o.jpg

Back