Beginner Burleigh House-The force is strong....

Yeah I can take the crit. I'm quite aware looking back at them that there's is some serious CA (seems to be a habit of mine), and I think the verticals are out on No 1. Maybe not as sharp as I would have liked on the wildlife. And I'm rubbish at cloning out. But yeah, fire away. Every day a learning day. I didn't really set out for award winning photos, just snapping around the grounds.

Last edited:
OK, very quickly then.

1) Halos/smudging from trying to darken the sky. Yes, verticals aren't straight either, but the real issue is that the light in this image simply isn't good, and nothing will rescue it.

2) Point of focus appears to be from the further deer's face to a couple of feet behind. The nearest should be at least a bit sharp too.

3) A nice pair, if only they were running toward the camera. ;)

4) Good group, key individuals in focus, nice exposure and colours.

5) Nice idea. Sky has a hint of magenta to it, and whatever you've used for darkening has affected the top of the towers too - if using a grad in post then lift it a little higher and reduce saturation in the sky to reduce the magenta. I'd probably also make this a pano & lose half the grass. Good job removing the posts & rope in this & 7.

6) Works better as a pano, cropping at the bottom to the base of the RH tree. You also needed to go a little closer in order to separate the ship from the trees a little.

7) Bit p***ed, otherwise OK.

8) Good graphic mono, nicely done. I might have made another pano, cropping at the top & placing the distant arch dead centre.

Hope that's useful.

All points noted and I agree totally. I definitely need a course in PP. Thanks for the feedback.

Back