Burnham Beecehes

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't usually do much in the way of landscapes, mainly because I feel that my standard is poor, but I need to put some more effort in...

Anyway, the Wife & I went for a walk in Burnham Beeches on Sunday and these were the better ones of the bunch. I was really aiming to get the colour of Autumn into the shots....

1)
5158536514_f6760ecb77_z.jpg

2)
5157925639_0c579a16b1_b.jpg

3)
5157924131_8de0b25239_b.jpg

4)

5158531788_c92e58c06f_b.jpg

Any feedback would be appreciated, as I feel I've got a long way to go with this genre. All shot on my 7D with Sigma 10-20.

Thanks for looking...
Steve

no 2 stands alone
but the others have immense potential if some pp was done...just to emphasise the quality of your shot
of those 3 the last 2 i favour since they are in 'landscape format'...i always feel unconfortable with land shots slimmer than square...sorry
the lens hasnt let you down as they seem sharp and well balance tonally
i do realise however that no1 is the only way to take that shot for the tunnel effect...so dont mind my phobias..
cheers
geof

Thanks for the comments Geoffery,

When you say "they have potential but some PP work needs to be done", can you give me a bit of guidance ? I'm not a guru with Photoshop, but I'm fairly confident of most of the basic stuff.

Regards,
Steve

Hi jelster, I enjoy walking around Burnham Beeches too. I've always struggled to capture the majesty and vast size of the trees. I think I came closest earlier this year with this effort.

Back