Beginner Burnham-on-Crouch

Ha! Ha! Ha! I tried to add picture again but still didn't go through :runaway:????????

Good job ive been to Burnham On Crouch then eh? I already know what it looks like :D;)

I think there are some tutorials on here somewhere, but im not sure where.......not much help huh?

Maybe file is too big? Better go and make it smaller & see what happens, Thanks for keeping me company Nick:tumbleweed: LOL

Mmmm! Apparently they Auto Size, one confused lady hereo_O, I'll try another pic and see what happens LOL
Grrr! I'm off, nothings working for me at this moment in time, off to do some resizing as message came up on another pic to say it was too big. Byeeee :confused:

Last edited:
Whoopppy I put it on Desktop :banana: to put it on here :plus1: Now to wait for any welcome Criticism LOL

Last edited:
Ok well, for me, the background on this is a little messy, and distracts from the main subject of the picture. I would look at cropping out the top third, and just having the broken walkway thingy (technical) on its own. Perhaps a little bit of + ev and convert to black and white. It looks like it was a really dull day over there, and its made the picture almost mono anyway.

Just my take on it, but a great subject ;)

Ah! Yes I see what you mean, I will try all that, I'll be back :beer:I'll just have some refreshments first but it will be coffee :whistle:. Right I'm back, is this any better?:D

Last edited:
Oh! Added pic on my last post:D Mmm! I should I take the seagull out?

Last edited:
Well, it doesnt add to the image really, so i think i would get rid of it :)

That edit makes a much better picture in my opinion. There is enough detail in the wood, and your black and white conversion has worked well.

Anyway, maybe someone else will be along at some point with a different idea.....:tumbleweed:

I would now crop a bit off the bottom to put the jetty legs in the middle of the picture and see if that improves it.

Thanks Both I have taken all onboard what you have said, thanks for your time. I've gotta get better and take good pic's, I have enrolled in a college course now so hopefully that will help also I go to a Camera Club in Rayleigh near where I live so I hope to improve on my pics with the help I get on here too.:nikon:xx

Its a lot better in B&W Jackie, the seagull is a bit distracting, but keep at it you`ll get better, i was terrible and im still not brilliant but i enjoy it.
Plenty of research will help you a lot plus the help you will get from the excellent photographers on here.

Back