Burning bulbs

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Got a bit frustrated with my water drop collision experiments so dug out the light bulbs and the hammer again, feeling better now:LOL:

Comments and critique appreciated:)

Thanks for looking(y)

I like them, I did buy a box of bulbs a while back to have a go my self but just don't seem to find the time to have a play :(

I like them, I did buy a box of bulbs a while back to have a go my self but just don't seem to find the time to have a play :(

Go on mate - you know it makes sense:LOL:

They are fantastic. Really like the second one it looks really silky.
Do you literally just turn on a broken bulb and snap away?

Yep! Carefully break the glass, focus on the filament, set on high speed drive and fire away. Its a stress buster when your mojo goes walkies:LOL:

Very clever, i might try this sometime.

Really well executed shots, the smoke looks like funghi .. :clap: I keep telling myself to try something like this :D: Now get back to those water drops, I want to see some more ... (y)

#1 for me :)

Great shot! Really makes me want to start playing around with smoke photos. Only problem is the hairline fire alarms in my accomodation here :( *sniff*

Very clever, i might try this sometime.

Thanks Kim - it's quite easy really(y)

Really well executed shots, the smoke looks like funghi .. :clap: I keep telling myself to try something like this :D: Now get back to those water drops, I want to see some more ... (y)

:LOL: Cheers mate(y)

#1 for me :)

Great shot! Really makes me want to start playing around with smoke photos. Only problem is the hairline fire alarms in my accomodation here :( *sniff*

Thanks(y) You could try a plastic bag over the smoke detector...........:thinking: Don't forget to take it off when your done though!

May sound a stupid question but what causes the smoke?

Once the glass has been removed the filament is exposed to oxygen in the air. The intact bulb keeps the filament in a vacuum. When switched on the tungsten filament reacts with the oxygen and burns out. The whole process takes less than a second;)

How long can you leave one of those bulbs switched on safely?

It's not really safe at any time since the filament and wires leading to it are live and unprotected. As RJL2005 says the filament burns out in less than a second, but the wires are still live so be careful not to touch them unless you want to go up in smoke as well.

How long can you leave one of those bulbs switched on safely?

It's not really safe at any time since the filament and wires leading to it are live and unprotected. As RJL2005 says the filament burns out in less than a second, but the wires are still live so be careful not to touch them unless you want to go up in smoke as well.

:agree: Got to keep your wits about you, live electric and thin broken glass but :nuts::LOL:

Back