Burrs Country Park Bury lancs 40s day. Pics added!

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Steve, can only make it on the Saturday I'm afraid! Family birthday on the Sunday. Sorry!

No one else likely to be there then?

Me and Adie's going!

I may well pop across, see what the weather is over the weekend

I may well pop across, see what the weather is over the weekend

(y) going for some brekkie first to Katsouris, Bury market, hope to be at Burrs about 10ish.

Well, it was OK! The sun came out, and temp was reasonable, we enjoyed it anyway. Good pub lunch at the Brown Cow and plenty of characters knocking about. Not as good as the 40s War Weekend at the ELR though!

Couple of quick images to start with, minimum PP as my laptop is bust (again)

Highland Raider by wontolla1, on Flickr

6 Wheeler by wontolla1, on Flickr

Will post more as I sort them!

Last edited:
I went across today and I thought it was a bit disappointing. Not that many people "in character" and where there were vehicles they all seemed to be parked near modern tents or motor-homes etc.

The lunch in the Brown Cow was good though.

Last edited:
I went across today and I thought it was a bit disappointing. Not that many people "in character" and where there were vehicles they all seemed to be parked near modern tents or motor-homes etc.

The lunch in the Brown Cow was good though.

Glad you enjoyed the lunch anyway!
Did you wait for the convoy? the only time the vehicles were in the clear!
Everyone I talked to said Sunday is the best day, with more people and motors turning up, but looks like being wet tomorrow so we got the best I reckon.

We got there at about 11ish and left at 13:30 so didn't see the convoy.

Went down this morning at 10.30, stayed until about 12.30 hoping for more vehicles and people dressed up but wasn't worth the wait.

Well I enjoyed it anyway! Most things seem to happen in the afternoon!
More images from the day HERE.

Last edited:
Back