Busy Traffic Manchester

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken in City Centre Machester.Not took anything like this before but
I think it would be wise to take some protection for my camera next time.I just managed to save it this time.

All or any comments are more than welcomed.

Gaz

Riany_City_Forum.jpg

Struggling with this one - half the pic is blank pavement :thinking: can't really see anything I like, sorry.

Struggling with this one - half the pic is blank pavement :thinking: can't really see anything I like, sorry.

No prob's. I liked it but I guess it does lack a focal point. I was after capturing the lashing rain in the head lights.

Thanks for commenting :)

Gaz

I kinda like it, I think you've caught the scene really really well... A shot like that could easily end up on a TV weather forecast background, ... maybe send it to the beeb if you like the idea. (just for the fun like, they don't pay) ..It would be quite fitting for a London travel report today.... wet and jammed up! lol

I kinda like it, I think you've caught the scene really really well... A shot like that could easily end up on a TV weather forecast background, ... maybe send it to the beeb if you like the idea. (just for the fun like, they don't pay) ..It would be quite fitting for a London travel report today.... wet and jammed up! lol
Thank you Adam.
I just took a browse through your site,I am well impressed. Streets ahead of my abilities. So it means alot that you took the time to comment and even more so that you thought my images were ok :)

Gaz

Hi

I kind of like that - may not win any comps (nor do any of mine) but I like the pov, the subject, the mono/sepia feel with that splash of red at the back and the expanse of wet pavement is good with the reflections of the lights. It definitely achieves your stated aim. The black border top and bottom emphasises the limearity of the traffic and paving. (y)

PS in your personal details correct the spelling of Manchester :)

It's just the sort of thing local TV might use as a background for traffic reports on a wet day.

Hi

I kind of like that - may not win any comps (nor do any of mine) but I like the pov, the subject, the mono/sepia feel with that splash of red at the back and the expanse of wet pavement is good with the reflections of the lights. It definitely achieves your stated aim. The black border top and bottom emphasises the limearity of the traffic and paving. (y)

PS in your personal details correct the spelling of Manchester :)
hanks for input.
Corrected spelling :)

It's just the sort of thing local TV might use as a background for traffic reports on a wet day.
Thanks

I like its it's a very good image, low light captured perfectly. Not easy conditions
Cheers for that.

I like it - I think you have caught it really well. nice work.
Thanks very much.

Gaz

I would crop it a bit but its nice. Its hard to capture rain it shows a traffic jam

I would cop the left with no car in it and the bottom to where the pavement meets the right hand side and lose the border.

Many thanks for your thoughts.I think there would be nothing left of the image with that amount of crop.

Merry Christmas Alf :)

Gza

I also think a crop would work, straight behind the last car as all behind it is just clutter.

I also think a crop would work, straight behind the last car as all behind it is just clutter.
Hi Philip.
Thanks for stopping by ;-)
I kinda like the guy with his brollie( in the upper left right at the back. I know he's small in the frame but hey ho)

Gaz

I REALLY like this
I love the clarity & tones, and for me there is plenty of interest ... including the pavement!
I like the reflection of the lights across it, the diagonal of the kerb going through the image, and the way the light is showing the rainfall on it and all its textures.

If I were to change anything at all, it would merely be to crop down a little more to the roof tops of the first two cars, jmo of course.

Fab shot! (y)

I REALLY like this
I love the clarity & tones, and for me there is plenty of interest ... including the pavement!
I like the reflection of the lights across it, the diagonal of the kerb going through the image, and the way the light is showing the rainfall on it and all its textures.

If I were to change anything at all, it would merely be to crop down a little more to the roof tops of the first two cars, jmo of course.

Fab shot! (y)

cheers for that :)

Surely in a shot such as this, the rain on the pavement gives the picture its atmosphere
I was thinking this too :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Whatever you don't crop it. Unless just a tad off the top.

It speaks volumes. It shouts MANCHESTER!

Back