Butterfly Project

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been working on a bit of Butterfly project on and off, inspired by the work of a couple of UK-based wildlife togs. Images taken across the last two Summer seasons. Seems a reasonable time to try and put the set together now the clocks have gone back and the season is well and truly over. Shot with a combination of macro lens and 300 f4 both with TC. I *think* these work as a set, been playing around with scale and order and I think I'm getting there. I may actually get them printed (not something I usually do as I'm hopelessly critical of my own photos). My main mission for next year is to get out and about a little futher afield to try and capture some other species.

Butterflies panel by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yo Simon.

The quintych (I made that word up :) ) does work well, and showcases the butterflies really well. My only crit would be in #1 (and a bit at the top of #2) where the black background is strikingly noticeable compared to #3, #4, and #5

I do like this though.

Paul.

Yo Simon.

The quintych (I made that word up :) ) does work well, and showcases the butterflies really well. My only crit would be in #1 (and a bit at the top of #2) where the black background is strikingly noticeable compared to #3, #4, and #5

I do like this though.

Paul.

Thanks for the feedback Paul and I know what you mean about the backgrounds.... Current plan is to get them printed separately/put them on the wall and then continue on with the theme - I can always swap out individual images then if/when I add to the collection :)

Last edited:
That`s a lovely set, All work well for me (imo) and a nice little project.
Don`t forget a Calendar also, I`m sure some of the family would appreciate one :)

These look great, Si. Well done! Always good to have a little project to work on. I'm sure you'll add to this beautiful collection over the coming years.

I like the idea behind this Si- good for you fella

Les :)

That`s a lovely set, All work well for me (imo) and a nice little project.
Don`t forget a Calendar also, I`m sure some of the family would appreciate one :)

Thanks for commenting and for the encouragement guys, it means a lot :)

It's given me something to focus on whilst out and about with the camera which has really helped with the motivation to get out there...

Thanks for commenting and for the encouragement guys, it means a lot :)

It's given me something to focus on whilst out and about with the camera which has really helped with the motivation to get out there...
Do you normally NOT focus then Si? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back